Bose Soundtouch 300 remote programming

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Bose Soundtouch 300 remote programming

I have connected cable TV, Apple TV and Sony TV ARC to Soundtouch 300 ARC. I want to control all these with the Bose soundtouch remote. I programmed the remote as per the codes given in the manual. However, I am unable to toggle between the variuos inputs throught the Bose remote. I have to use the TV remote to select the HDMI inputs.

As I understand I should be able to use the Bose remote. When i went to the service center they replaced my remote.

However the new one also has the same issue.

29 REPLIES

Re: Bose Soundtouch 300 remote programming

Hello Bose_ST

Thanks for posting in the community!  Sorry to hear about the remote issues, but would be glad to help!

At this point, when you have the TV source selected with the remote.  Does the source power button turn on/off the TV?  This will let us know if the remote is programmed correctly.  Also does the remote control the Apple TV and cable box at all?

Let us know so we can further assist you!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Quiet Contributor

Thanks Tony_A  for the reply.

Yes, the power button switches on/off the TV.

Please let me know what I should be doing?

Hi Bose_ST

Thanks for replying back. When you select the TV source button, the TV input button should be able to switch between the different inputs on the TV.  There may be a chance that you have a partial code that is working for the TV.  The 4 digit code is more of a folder of codes for the brand rather than an individual code for your model TV.  You may want to re-enter the code into the remote, and use the TV input button as a test button and the volume + to go through the codes in the folder to see if that is the case.  

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Warm Regards,

Tony A

Quiet Contributor

Hi Tony A

As mentioned I am unable to switch to different inputs with the TV input button.

Should I re programme the remote?

Also there's another issue I am facing. In a particular input selection say Apple TV the ok button stops functioning. All the other buttons function. I am able to move from one app to other but if i select the app and press ok then nothing happens. I have to use the Apple TV remote.

Hi Bose_ST

Yes, I would recommend trying to reprogram the remote once more.  I would also recommend clearing the programmed remote's memory and starting from scratch.  Here are the steps to clear the code list in the remote:

• Press and hold one of the sources at the top of the remote until they all glow
  • From here type in 981 on the keypad and the source lights should blink to confirm the code list is cleared 

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Quiet Contributor

Hi Tony A

Thanks. I reset the remote and re programmed it.

I am surprised that it is controlling the TV directly and not the Bose SOuntouch Soundbar. Shouldn't it be controlling thru the soundbar? As a result sometimes the Apple TV does not work from the remote.

Is there something worng in programming or the remote?

Regards

Hi Bose_ST

Thanks for trying those steps.  When the TV source is selected on the Bose remote, it should be controlling the TV.  Is this happening at the moment?

Also with the Apple TV, when you programmed the code for this device, what source button on the Bose remote did you assign it to?  And when trying to control the Apple TV, are you selecting that source button before trying to control it?

Warm Regards,

Tony A

Quiet Contributor

Hi Tony A

Thanks for the prompt reply.

When I select the TV source button, it pops up the HDMI selector of the TV. Is that correct? 

I assigned the video accessory button 3rd (extreme right) on 2nd row of the sources.

Yes I am selecting this source before trying to control it. But nothing happens

REgards

Hi Bose_ST

Thanks for the reply!

Correct, when the controller is set to the TV source, it will control the features of the TV like input or menu.  

Could you let us know which version of the Apple TV you're using as well as how is it connected?  Is it directly to the soundbar or the TV?

Warm Regards,

Tony A