Bose Soundtouch 300 remote programming

Quiet Contributor

Re: Bose Soundtouch 300 remote programming

Hi Tony A,

You are right! Thanks! It was with the Ok button. However now when i program I am unable to use Apple TV as earlier.

I tried the remote learning on Apple TV. It Doesn't work at all.  Even when i keep it pointed to Apple TV it does't work.

However the Volume control in the settings of Apple TV works perfectly fine. That's odd isn't it?

Hope to resolve this soon. Thanks 

Regards

Hi Bose_ST

That certainly is odd.  Since all the programming we've done so far, has the Apple TV been reset by removing power for 30 seconds?  To be honest, we have not come across this issue with the Apple TV.  

Let's give this a try before I run this issue up to development to see if we can look into this further.

Thank you,

Tony A 

Quiet Contributor

Hi Tony A,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried Apple TV reset and tried again. 

Still no result. 

The Bose remote controls the TV and the cable TV perfectly. However it is not controlling the Apple TV.

Regards

Hi Bose_ST

Thanks for the update.  Does the OK button work on other sources like the TV or cable box?  

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Quiet Contributor

Hi Tony A

Thanks for the reply.

Yes Ok button works with the cable box and TV. The cable box runs smoothly all buttons working.

Yesterday I switched off everything for whole night and started again. Following is happening

With Apple TV remote learning  Bose remote has learned only partially. Meaning that Bose remote is able to increase and decrease volume, Up and down keys, FFFWD and FRWD. But cannot go cannot learn other buttons like next title etc. This is while Remote learning on Apple TV

Also sometimes the Soundbar switches off but TV doesn't and same with switching on. Seems it is not consistent.

regards

Hi Bose_ST

Thanks for the reply.  I'll be sure to update your ticket that is with development now.   

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Hi Tony A,

Thanks for the prompt replies.

Hope to receive the resolution soon from the development team.

Thanks

regards