Did you mean: 
ST - Hearphones
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Music Share

Music Share

This is how Bose describes it.

Running with a friend? Sharing a playlist at the office? Focusing with a friend at the library? With Music Share, you can connect two wireless Bose headphones to share music from your mobile device. It simplifies splitting music from one source, and you can do it right from the app. Listening with a friend just got a whole lot better.

Music Share is a new feature in Bose Connect 3.1 that is enabled on several models of Bose Bluetooth devices with recent firmware updates (install these through Bose Connect or the Bose Updater application).

Music Share is not available on Bose SoundSport Free  Bose QC35 II.

Use Cases

When I heard about Music Share, I was excited at the prospect. Within my close circle of people, we have several Bose Bluetooth devices.  I can think of several situations and settings where sharing a song, a video, or a movie with someone would be nice. Being able to do that while blocking out extraneous noise would be great. There are other circumstances when we would choose not to impose our listening/watching choices on those around us.

I see lots of situations where two people are sharing company, but a noisy or public environment precludes them having a shared experience.

For example, I frequently spend time with a dear friend, and we share company while we wait for a lengthy procedure. It's not an environment where we can share music or a video without inflicting that activity on people nearby. We don't want to don headphones or earbuds because that's a solitary act and isolating. If one or both of use headphones, it distances us and diminishes the intent of sharing time and space in adversity.  But if we can share some music, it's a shared activity. The Music Share feature will let us do that.

Settings: waiting rooms, chemo rooms, gym, running or walking, coffee shops, airport lounges, public transit (buses, trains, planes). Anywhere you might want to share an experience with someone, without sharing or imposing that experience on others nearby.

Music Share: A New Feature and Soon to Be Core Functionality

• Bose has created something that some will recognize immediately as a real benefit. Others may take a little longer to understand its applications. And others may never use it. For more Community discussion on this point see Bose doesn't understand its customers.

• Music Share may attract new customers by doing something different and truly useful in a crowded product category. Someday Music Share will be a key feature that serious buyers consider when choosing headphones. It wouldn't be the first time. Suggested reading: The History of Noise Canceling Headphones as told by Bose.

• Music Share would certainly factor into my decision to choose Bose for a gift or recommend Bose to a friend.

Making the Connections: Two Bose Bluetooth devices sharing content from one device

Getting all of this to work is simple.
Follow the prompts and Music Share in less than 90 seconds

• You need two supported Bose Bluetooth headsets (QuietComfort 35, QuietControl 30, SoundSport Wireless, SoundSport Pulse).
  • Start the Bose Connect app on an IOS or Android device
    • Follow the prompts to connect the first headset
    • Tap the Music Share icon
    • Allow the IOS or Android device to connect the second headset to the first headset
  • On the same IOS or Android device, start an app to play music or video
  • The sound from your IOS or Android device is heard in both Bose headsets.

30 REPLIES 30
Timmsy73
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 31, 2017

Re: Music Share

Does anyone know if the volume can be individually controlled between the headphones?

Also is it possible to use music share with a bluetooth computer?

ST - Hearphones
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi Timmsy73,

You can control the volume for each headset individually with the volume controls on the headsets.

From my experiments, you can only share content that is hosted on the device on which you are running the Bose Connect app. That must be an IOS or Android device.

ST

@Timmsy73 wrote:

Does anyone know if the volume can be individually controlled between the headphones?

Also is it possible to use music share with a bluetooth computer?

Timmsy73
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 31, 2017

Thank you @ST - Hearphones

Jmc
Participant
Registered since

Jul 29, 2017

Hello,

have a new iPad Pro 2 IOS 10.3.3 and can not find the "music share" icon in the app. Any help is definitely appreciated!

thanks,

john

Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

@JMC Sure John we can help! Which Bose headset are you paired to? QuietComfort 35, QuietControl 30, SoundSport Wireless, SoundSport Pulse are ones that are supported. Once the headset is recognized by the Connect app, you should see a small icon that shows two headphones together.  

This is for a QC35

Also you can try reinstalling the app. Let us know if this helped!

Mohsin 

Corrs1
Participant
Registered since

Aug 5, 2017

Hi,

I have two quietcomfort 35 headphones and am trying to connect both to listen to music through both at the same time. I have got the bose app and I have both connected but can not find the two headphones together. I can only find the bluetooth button down the bottom. Any help would be greatly appriciated as I am flying in less that two weeks

Toibus
Participant
Registered since

Aug 9, 2017

I am having the same problem as @JMC is having. The music share button won't appear in the app. I have the 4.2.0 app version and two quietcomfort35 headphones that I want to connect to one iPhone 7. How can I connect them both and play the same music when there is no music share button?
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi @Corrs1 and @Toibus

Thanks for the question. That is interesting. Could you verify that both headsets have the latest firmware?  The latest firmware version for the QC35 is 1.3.2. Also, just to make sure that you are running v 4.2 of the connect app.

Please come back and update us. We are here to help

Tony

NRSNRS
Participant
Registered since

Sep 26, 2017

I have just purchased two pairs of QC 35 updated the firmware and iOS on my IPad, we were promised from the Bose store that we would be able to watch a movie on the iPad by connecting them both to the ipad. this does not work. Please provide guidance on this.