New house - Soundtouch audio system

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

New house - Soundtouch audio system

Hi Everyone.

I am building a new house, and we have started pre wiring the electronics. I have a couple weeks to decide what audio system I want. The areas i want audio in is the open living area (consisting of a lounge, dining, kitchen, about 11m x 8m) + a separate lounge right next door (both lounge's will have separate TV's).

What I was thinking of doing was having a Soundtouch 300 (wall mounted) in the main living area and running ceiling speakers through it. (Can these be used as rears?) I want to try and avoid the wireless speakers and keep everything flush with the walls/ceiling.

What im really after is suggestions/thoughts/recommendations of speaker types or ways to run the system. I'll include a few questions i dont know the answer to:

Can I have multiple sets of ceiling speakers, say some in the lounge, some in kitchen, others in 2nd lounge... and play them separately when required? Should I have another soundtouch in the 2nd lounge to play whats on the tv there? Do i need extras like an amp?

Yes i am totally new to home theatre systems, and Bose quite frankly, so please feel free to come up with system recommendations for me Smiley Happy

Thanks guys!

Chris