theshanktank
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 2, 2017

QC 35 II vs Sony WH1000XM2. Help?

Hey, I just purchased the BOSE QC 35 II. But, I didn't realize that Sony just updated their XM2s. Sound quality is important, but so is NC. I also will be wearing these things 8 hrs a day. I'm really thinking about returning the Bose right now. Any thoughts? 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
ICS1974
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 18, 2017

Re: QC 35 II vs Sony WH1000XM2. Help?

What did you end up doing?
This is the same for me. I went to bestbuy and compared the two. The Sony has better bass and was a warmer sound. The Bose was a thinner sound but maybe a tad bit more clarity. I think I liked the Sony sound better. NC was better with the Sony for people talking. I might do the switch.
theshanktank
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 2, 2017

@ICS1974 wrote:
What did you end up doing?
This is the same for me. I went to bestbuy and compared the two. The Sony has better bass and was a warmer sound. The Bose was a thinner sound but maybe a tad bit more clarity. I think I liked the Sony sound better. NC was better with the Sony for people talking. I might do the switch.
Sorry for the late reply. I ended up sticking with the QC35IIs simply because of the comfort. I tried the Sonys and my head hurt after a bit. I wear headphones 8 hours a day and prefer comfort. Also, I liked the fact that I could connect to two headphoens at the same time. 
podmania
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 9, 2018

Hello! Hope this helps.

I have been researching these two for a couple of months and tried these as well. For me, if you're wearing headphones for 8 hours, you cannot have a Sony WH-1000mx2 since it gets hot in your ears for less than 30 mins. Heat can accumulate bacteria in your ears due to sweat and that will cause infection. That is one risk that people don't know. 

As for the "bass" issue, you can fix it if you know how to tune your equalizer.

With "build quality", the BOSE QC35II's were made with quality materials and it is worth their price.

I have been performing different genres of Music and for me, BOSE still has the most natural sound and comfort at the same time. 

Noise-cancelling? Sony has a hissing sound while pairing which not everyone notice. And with call quality, BOSE has BOTH NC for the earpieces and microphone while SONY has no NC at all duting calls. 

Lemme know if you need more help,

Podmania