QC30 - feature request: a quick method to disable Noise Cancellation

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

QC30 - feature request: a quick method to disable Noise Cancellation

Hi,

The Bose QuietControl® 30 earphones are a joy. I was happy with my QC25 headphones, but I wanted the freedom of movement that comes with wireless.  The QC30 are so comfortable and convenient that I wear them a lot more than the QC25.

I also appreciate the QuietControl aspect of being able to set the level of noise cancellation that is applied.

I have a feature request.

I'd like to be able to defeat the noise cancellation in one step and be able to return to the previous level in one step. If I were designing this I would do this:

• Press both noise control buttons simultaneously to toggle the noise cancellation to the 0 level of noise control and then back to the what is was before.   This is easily done with one hand.

This would save me from having to press the buttons 2-20 times to do the same thing.

What I actually do, is just pull the earphones out when I need to have a quick conversation with someone. I'd prefer to be able to leave them in and just toggle the noise cancellation with a single action.

Thank you.

ST

I have the luxury of working in what I thought was a quiet workspace, but the QC30 have removed most of the low-frequency mechanical noise. These are sounds that I didn't notice: the air conditioning compressor, the motor of the central air fan, the refrigerator. Gone.  And the experience of being able to remove it is a revelation.

4 REPLIES

Re: QC30 - feature request: a quick method to disable Noise Cancellation

Thank you for being a loyal Bose customer. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying the convenience of wireless use with the QC30. We'll be happy to forward your suggestion to our product development team for future consideration. 

Audible Advocate

Is there an update on this feature request? I find the lack of this function (toggling noise cancellation) the biggest drawback of this product. I work in a office landscape where colleagues regularly come to talk with me, I have to keep taking the earpiece out for communication because waiting for the noise-cancelling level to change takes too much time. Please consider making this an advanced option or something if not a default function, I'll gladly sign up as a beta-tester for something like this!

Audible Advocate

Hi there, is it possible to completely disable the noise cancelation? similarly to the Bose QC20 in which it was possible to use them as regular headphones, in this case would be as regular headphones such as the Soundsport Wireless.

Advantages of this:

1 Decrease battery consumption 

2 Reduce of white noise (better audio, and better mic performance) when in not so noisy environments or when noise is acceptable.

thanks for your attengion.

Juan Manuel

Audible Advocate

Totally agree to that. Bose are you listening to this, it will just require firmware update you can enable down key of noise cancellation control for switching off Noise Cancellation. Also you can provide option for it in Bose connect App as well.