QC45 Ideas.

Audible Advocate

QC45 Ideas.

Hello everyone! I've been reading around the bose community for at least a year and I thought Id make an account and throw some suggestions for the QC45's because I have been thinking about it for awhile.

So I think something that would be cool is touch controlls on the sides of the earcup and maybe a gesture to feed the audio around you into your ears? (Like the Sony WH-1000XM2)

Another Idea I've been thinking about is making the noise cancelling much better. Maybe have a different setting for higher ANC because I know some people dont like the pressure feeling the QC35's give them. And if you do add another setting to make the ANC better preforming make the battery bigger if possible.

And I think everybody will be on board with this idea. USB Type C!! headphone company's are starting to use this and I think Bose should be the one to be doing this for sure.

Better sound quality, even though the quality is top notch im sure bose is able to make it even better.

And maybe change the design of the QC35's. E.G make the earcups look like the soundsport free's except only have the classic Black&Silver.

This ends my ideas but I've been thinking about this for awhile. So if Bose took some of these ideas into consideration that would be cool!.

Have a good night everybody.

- Caiden
7 REPLIES

Re: QC45 Ideas.

Hello Caiden

Thanks for the great ideas!  We can definitely send in a feature request to our development team for you.

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Audible Advocate

1) Better style of looks on head (more stylish looking and sleek)
2) better treble control as treble distorts at high volumes and makes the qc35 sound slightly harsh and grainy at times.
3. Less cabin pressure with the anc on.
4. Keep comfort, bass, and midrange exactly the same. These are perfect already.
5. Add Apt x, aptx ll, and aptx hd.
Silent Starter

Those are some very good ideas! I own the QC35 II and they are very comfortable. I like your ideas about the noise cancellation but I don't think the touchpad on the side would be useful. I think one of the main reasons the QC35 II was so popular was because of its lighter weight. I think adding a touchpad would make it heavier. I also think if you look at the headphones from a design standpoint, the touch controls would make the headphones look less stylish. The series II also provide voice controls with both Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa so I don't think touch controls would be useful either. The headphones also last 20 to 22 hours and 15 minutes of charging time would give you two hours of battery life so I don't think a bigger battery would be necessary. I do however like your idea of the ability to control the noise canceling feature even more. 

Thanks!

Audible Advocate

I said nothing about touch controls. I prefer the buttons. Where did you get that?
Here’s my post

2) better treble control as treble distorts at high volumes and makes the qc35 sound slightly harsh and grainy at times.
4. Keep comfort, bass, and midrange exactly the same. These are perfect already.
5. Add Apt x, aptx ll, and aptx hd.
Audible Advocate

In order of importance

2) There is a peak at 2kHz and at 4kHz that can make the music sound a little harsh and grainy on some songs. Decrease the 2kHz peak down 3-4dB. Decrease 4kHz down about 2dB.
4. Add Apt x, aptx ll, and aptx hd.
Audible Advocate

USB C, ALL aforementioned Codecs, multi-function (pause/ff'd/prev/call start&stop) COULD be nice, BUT ONLY IF THE "FEATHERWEIGHT" GOES UNCHANGED.

***MY BIGGEST GRIPE: QUALCOMM!!! QUICKCHARGE!!! BATTERY*** OMG
Highlighted
Silent Starter

First, I think keeping the qualities Bose is loved for is most important, such as light weight and quality ANC.

Personally not a huge fan of touch controls or motion sensing, would prefer the tactile satisfaction of pushing a button in any scenerio.

What would be cool would be increased bass response (as a lover of hip-hop and electronic I've found the WH1000XM3 blow the QC35s out of the water in this arena) as well as a USB-C and/or Lightning cable option.

Would be nice of Bose had a direct line with Apple. Like, if they plan to keep Lightning around, please make a Lightning terminated cable for all us iPhone users (there must be a decent number of us to make it worth while?!) and if Apple is planning on dropping Lightning then yes, at least an USB-C option.