SoundTouch Adaptor and Totem Kin Powered Speakers.

Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer

SoundTouch Adaptor and Totem Kin Powered Speakers.

I recently attended the annual tech show at Atlas AVU in Victoria . This is a very good show featuring the latest and greatest AV gear. Unfortunately Bose is not featured again. However, I saw a couple really big Samsung 8K TVs and some very expensive Panasonic Technics turntables. Yes Technics is back in a big way!

I enjoyed talking to the reps and none more interesting than Vince Bruzzese of Totem Acoustics. The Totem line is very impressive and while they represent a different platform compared to Bose offerings, there is a new speaker coming out that would work very well with the Bose SoundTouch Wireess Link adaptor. The Kin wired speaker is a very well built, great sounding powered speaker. The set is designed to connect to turntables and other basic audio sources. I think pairing a SoundTouch adaptor with these speakers would really make for a great sounding, minimalist audio system.

The Kin speakers run at 120 watts and produce really big, rich sound, all for $1200.00 cdn. This is certainly an upgrade to the SoundTouch 30 speakers. Introducing SoundTouch to the Kin speakers would make for great pairing. I think the SoundTouch adaptor has great potential and with Apple dropping Airport Express and planned AirPlay 2 updates to the Bose SoundTouch line and hopefully the SoundTouch adaptor, this device could be a real winner.

The Kin speakers are available in December.

1 REPLY

Re: SoundTouch Adaptor and Totem Kin Powered Speakers.

Hi rickatk,

Thank you for sharing this helpful information. Always nice to learn about new products.

Have a good day!

Regards,

Joel - Community Support