Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 29, 2018

Soundsport wired vs wireless

Is there a difference in sound quality between Bose soundsport wired and wireless?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundsport wired vs wireless

Hello @Cristianb10,

Thank you for the question,

This really comes down to personal preference between the 2. I have both of the products personally. I do not notice a difference in audio quality between the 2. What I personally enjoy, is not having to deal with a wire getting in the way during activities.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Contributor
Registered since

May 5, 2018

I recently purchased the Soundsports Free by Bose. In addition to those I have 24 other pairs of headphones in my collection. Some are wired for the best possible sound with no latency. Some are BT. All in all I am literally blown away by the Soundsports Free. Need to remind myself these are true wireless (no wire whatsoever). They are very punchy with warm bass and great mids. The treble is slightly rolled off resulting in less sibalence. That's a good thing. I find myself enjoying no wires and the Bose Signature sound immensely. They are really fun to listen to at all times, not just the gym. I even listen to them at home. They are in one word, "amazing".
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 15, 2019

I have both wired and wireless versions of the headset. My experience is that the wireless Bose Soundsport headphones put out significantly more bass that feels full, and they create a richer sense of ambience and immersion than the wired headphones. That said, it must be remembered that the performance of the wired headphones will depend largely on the DAC they are plugged into, whereas this does not apply for the wireless headphones as their performance is less dependent on the device they are being used with than the wired headphones, because the wireless headphones have their own built-in DAC to convert the digital Bluetooth data stream into audio you can hear.

I was using a Samsung Galaxy S7 to compare audio performance of the two headsets using the same songs.
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I doubt anyone can actually hear a difference.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 24, 2019

I completely disagree as I have both the wired and wireless soundsport. The wireless do have more bass but crispness abs the highs aren’t even close. I’m a huge headphone user and I would take the wired ones any day. Of course that’s my opinion if you don’t care bout the crispness abs the highs then the wireless are fine. I can clearly tell a difference