Soundtouch 300 vs Soundbar 700

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Soundtouch 300 vs Soundbar 700

I just bought the soundtouch 300 and i wonderd if i should tale the soundbar 700 in Stead for an $100 extra ?
First question : soundbar 700 is it more powerfull than the Soundtouch 300 ?
Second question : what are the differences between both units, AMPS and other technicals specefications ?
Thanks !
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Soundtouch 300 vs Soundbar 700

Hello @Izabelg30,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community!

We appreciate your inquiry about the differences between the two soundbars and I'd be happy to help.

As for your first question about the Soundbar 700 being more powerful than the SoundTouch 300. There have been improvements made as we always do when we come out with a newer product, but the power is the same, and you're still getting amazing audio quality.

The main difference between the 2 is the Soundbar 700 has Alexa built in and work with the new Bose Music app and is not able to integrate with the SoundTouch application or product series. 

The Bass Module 700 and Surround Sound speaker accessories will work with both soundbars as well. 

The Soundbar 700 and SoundTouch 300 both have four Oval transducers, one Round center tweeter, and two Phase-guides to direct sound.

If you have any other questions, let us know.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Audible Advocate

I have the bose lifestyle 135 series 3 and it's a fantastic sounnd bar, is worth uupgrading  to the Bose 700?????

Hi Generalzod, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community! 

Great Question! This is mostly preference, If you are interested in our Soundbar 700 I would recommend popping into the store and having a listen. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O

Audible Advocate

I went to Harvey Norman store near my suburb they had a demo there the sound was crisp and loud , It sounded very nice , Saying that though the soundbar only does normal Dolby Digital and DTS, while the one i have does Dolby Truehd and DTS MA, which is more like a downgrade to me.

Hi Generalzod,

Thank you for coming back to me!

I'm so glad to hear that you have enjoyed the audio quality from our Soundbar 700. 

Like I said in my other post, this is going to be mostly down to personal preference. 

If you have any other questions please reach out to me again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O

Audible Advocate

Jessie I have a question for you I have the Lifestyle 135 Soundtouch series 3 the Accoustimass module is wireless, Can I be able to use the Base module 700 as it can be connected wirelessly??????

Hi Generalzod, 

Thanks for posting and reaching back out to us. 

These systems would not be compatible. The Bass Module 700 is only compatible with the SoundTouch 300, Lifestyle 600, Lifestyle 650, Soundbar 500, Soundbar 700. 

I hope this helps and if you do have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Wistful Whiz

Spoiler

@generalzod wrote:

I have the bose lifestyle 135 series 3 and it's a fantastic sounnd bar, is worth uupgrading  to the Bose 700?????

Probably the biggest audio difference with the Bose 700 is support for wireless rear speakers. The Lifestyle 135 series is true to soundbar design relying on very efficient phase guide radiators for virtual surround. The 300, 500 and 700 series support discrete wireless rear speakers.  

Other difference include:

e-arc (500 and 700) which means greater bandwith audio support. Arguably 5.1 sound should be better with the greater e- arc bandwith. In truth this is more relevant for 7.1 systems like Atmos.

Dual Subwoofer support

No console

No flex mount option

No SoundTouch support (500 and 700)

Wistful Whiz

@generalzod wrote:

I went to Harvey Norman store near my suburb they had a demo there the sound was crisp and loud , It sounded very nice , Saying that though the soundbar only does normal Dolby Digital and DTS, while the one i have does Dolby Truehd and DTS MA, which is more like a downgrade to me.

See my comments regarding e-arc above. e-arc does provide greater sound bandwith for codecs like Dolby True HD, DTS Ex and Atmos but that really is redundant for Bose soundbars as they do not decode those extra channels. Having said that you still may get appreciably better sound with the e-arc soundbars because of HDMI bandwith capabilities. Best way to determine this is an in person audition.