Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Piffmuff
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 8, 2018

What system to choose?

Hello! In waiting for AirPlay 2 and other solutions this spring I’m looking at my options on what system from Bose to invest in next! Therefor I need some help to get an overview over what solutions I should go for! 🙂

In our flat we currently have an ST 20 in our master bedroom, an ST 10 in our bathroom and an extra ST 10 in our dinning area. We are now looking to change our old pilar 5.1 speaker system to an nice looking, good quality Bose home theatre system. We have been looking at ST300 and the bass module but after more consideration we are uncertain if this we only be a temp solution. And when looking at the accustimate 6 (considering price) we will be getting more I feel.. but, I have little to no experience with sound or hi-if. So all help will be much appreciated 🙂

Piff; sorry 4 the b4d english, i tend to rage alot 😕
Robotics Engineer and automation lover 😄
2 REPLIES 2
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: What system to choose?

Hi Piffmuff, 

Thank you for the post. Both the SoundTouch 300 and Acoustimass 6 are great systems. The biggest difference is that the Acoustimass 6 is only a speaker package and will require a non-Bose receiver to function. With the SoundTouch 300, many users connect their source devices to their TV and then feed that back to the soundbar whereas the receiver for the Acoustimass 6 will handle the connections of your source devices. If you have a retailer nearby, we'd strongly recommend getting a demonstration! If any other users have input on this, we'd love to hear it! Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Kind Regards

Brent - Bose Support

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: What system to choose?

You already have a Sound Touch 20 and a couple 10s. Effectively establishing a pretty good Bose wireless speaker eco system. Replacing your aging 5.1 speaker system with a legacy Acoustimass system would be fine and while good sounding speakers, they are “dumb” and  would not add to your burgeoning SoundTouch system. As well, I think spending money on the legacy speakers v adding to your SoundTouch system, while cheaper, may not be money well spent. The SoundTouch 300 system is a good sounding quality system and would only enhance your existing SoundTouch speakers for years to come.

I was in the same situation, aging gear, a desire to clean up the media room, tired of unnecessary sound fields in big heavy AV receiver and speakers, what to do?  I bit the bullet, cleared out my older 5.1 gear, while there was still some residual value on the second market and purchased a Cinemate 130 (with SoundTouch) system and a couple SoundTouch 30s for good measure. I even added some Airport Express routers because I wasn’t going to wait for Bose and Apple to sort out Airplay.

Everything works very well and sounds great around the house. In fact with Wired Input Rebroadcast, SoundTouch is ahead of the AirPlay 2  inso far as multiple room support enhancing the Airport Express experience. So so all you need is one Airport Express....Apple Music around the house.

I added long term warranties as I was seriously looking at a long term solution. I have been happy with my choices and can’t say enough about Bose products.

Hope this helps.