jamespaulley
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 21, 2018

1st use and power supply

The 1st use instructions are vague. Nowhere in the box does it say charge them for 6 hours before first use. The box tells you to plug the case in to power and then open the app. Only after you have paired and set up the buds in the app does it mention 6 hours. My buds came nearly fully charged, so they were at 100% after the setup process (I'd charged them for about 2 hours). The case was also about 50% charged on arrival. After the pairing process, I put them on charge for several hours and did not use them. Is any of the above going to cause me problems?

Secondly, can I use the USB-C fast charger that came with a Google Pixel 4a? Or is it too powerful and will damage the buds?

5 REPLIES 5
Sam_F

Re: 1st use and power supply

Hey jamespaulley,

I'm sorry if the instructions were misleading at all, but you've done nothing wrong in your process of setting up. You shouldn't encounter any problems with your new Sleepbuds, but do let us know if you come across any difficulties.

In regard to your second question, it would recommend using the included cables as intended, with a 5V UL-rated wall plug. You should find the Sleepbuds charge in about 6 hours, but if you notice this isn't the case, do let us know. I hope you enjoy your new Sleepbuds!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
jamespaulley
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 21, 2018

Thanks. Can I use a USB-C to USB-C cable and a high quality 5V 3A 15W power supply?

Hector_B

You are more than welcome James! 

We'd only recommend that you use the charging cable that comes with the Sleepbuds, as well as a 5V UL-rated charger as advised above by Sam. We aren't able to advise on third party charging cables as they aren't designed to be specifically used with the Sleepbuds. 

Please do let us know if you have any further questions. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
jamespaulley
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 21, 2018

Could I damage the sleepbuds in any way by using the power supply with the specs I listed above? The USB-C to USB-C cable I mentioned is of a high quality (supplied with a Google Pixel 4a) so I imagine that would be fine.

Vicky_W

@jamespaulley, as mentioned above by Hector, we do not advise using another charger with your Sleepbuds so would be unable to comment on a third-party charger. I am sorry for any inconvenience caused.