Sizzlenasty
Participant
Registered since

Apr 17, 2021

(2) Different Bose Sleepbuds II Case DOA Dead on Arrival! No Lights wont charge (JUNK)

I purchased (2) different BOSE SLEEPBUDS II (NIB) from two different coasts. New York & California. 

Both are "JUNK" (DEAD OUT OF BOX!)

Did every step you can think of trying to get the lights to come on; different (5)USB cords/(5)adapters "one being generation 1 Bose adapter, rest button with toothpick "Press release/hold 5, 10, 20 seconds etc., open close door earbuds out/in, plugged in to PC. 

STILL NO LIGHTS 

Drove to Walmart purchased 2nd unit and (DEAD OUT OF THE BOX)! 

I'm currently out of pocket over $500, and  I've been placed on the hold via phone with Bose for over an hour now on my day off this Saturday. 

Bose customer support told me me it would be 6+ weeks for a replacement set. (NOT ACCAPTABLE) !!!

20 REPLIES 20
gw76
Participant
Registered since

Apr 18, 2021

Re: (2) Different Bose Sleepbuds II Case DOA Dead on Arrival! No Lights wont charge (JUNK)

I had the same problem. I exchanged and the 2nd box arrived today. Same problem, DOA - won't charge. I'll be sending these back to Walmart, again. At least Walmart has a good return policy. Waiting 6 weeks for Bose to replace is unacceptable. 

Nolitaman
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 19, 2021

Re: (2) Different Bose Sleepbuds II Case DOA Dead on Arrival! No Lights wont charge (JUNK)

Hi,

Same problem here in France. Two different boxes with no light even after 15 minutes plugged, after unboxing.

Got them back to the shop, and they refunded me 

GsbVic
Participant
Registered since

Apr 28, 2021

Same here as above comments - no power/lights on the charger when I opened the box and nothing when i plug it in (also used different cords/parts, reset, etc to see if anything would work. Earbuds work though. I was hoping there was a fix but no response from Bose. Also, These 3 or so comments above are all in the last few days so maybe a bad batch. Would be nice for Bose to acknowledge the issue and provide guidance. 

Btw. I love these sleepbuds (I own another pair) and sad I’ve had this experience. For $250+ tax and a special charger, I expect/demand that the charger to work. 

sachafournier
Participant
Registered since

May 5, 2021

I'm starting to get worried. I just received my new sleepbuds 2 and have the exact same problem and I see multiple people seem to have this problem. Of course I contacted customer service and they will replace my product but knowing that the product is backorder everywhere... I even read that some people have had the same problem even with the returned product. Very disturbing.

Doordude125
Participant
Registered since

May 6, 2021

I have also just purchased my second set of Bose Sleepbuds 2 and they have come DOA.  Right out of the box brand new 2 sets in a row won’t charge, tried resetting the case and used different cords, receptacles, as well as dc converters but nothing works.

BOSE PLEASE HELP US AND REACH OUT EXPLAINING WHAT IS GOING ON.

DosedOff
Participant
Registered since

May 9, 2021

Sleepbuds II fresh out of BOX, DOA as well, tried about 20 chargers, with 20 different cables, all USB-C devices even USB-C -> USB-C to no available. Not even one light on the station 😞 This is sad for $350 ... No wonder amazon.ca removed the buds off their site.

MrGarak
Participant
Registered since

May 2, 2021

(2) Different Bose Sleepbuds II Case DOA Dead on Arrival! No Lights wont charge (JUNK)

I purchased some Bose sleepbuds again today, however I took them out of the box and they have no light showing. I’ve tried resetting/charging and it’s had no effect. I had a pair when they first came out and I had the same issue 

Why is this happening? I’ve been reading about more and more battery issues with this product. You guys have some kind of issue with the sleepbuds battery, just look on the forums. All we get are generic responses, I think it’s time we get some real answers as to what’s going on. 

Tcosta5
Participant
Registered since

May 20, 2021

I just bought BOSE Sleepbuds II, and the charging case will not charge- no lights, nothing.  I have tried multiple charging blocks and multiple outlets with no results.  Absolutely nothing happens.  I have also tried resetting the charging case, as instructed in another charging post, but still nothing happens.  Incredibly disappointing.

MrGarak
Participant
Registered since

May 2, 2021

Just got my 3rd set, 3 in a row all dead on arrival, will not charge. This is completely ridiculous at this point. Bose YOU HAVE A PROBLEM HERE you need to address this, how can you sell products like this that dont even work when you get them?!