Re: Ability to add your own sound files?

Hi Karma66,

Absolutely!  I'll send your recommendation up to the sleepbuds team.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Highlighted
Rick s.
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 23, 2019

OK Bose...you need to get off the pot and either make great sleep sounds, I’m looking for a thunderstorm with wind and rain or open up the app to allow other sounds to be used. You must think we’re morons if you think all we can get is through your app. Open up the firmware to allow these to be used as bonafide earbuds. They are a great product but so limited in what we can listen to.

Hi Rick,

Thank you for the post.  I've sent your sound recommendations to the Sleepbuds team for their consideration.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Gbua
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

There is a purring cat noise on the app MyNoise and they have an equalizer to further customize the noises to mask specific tones heard in my tinnitus.  I would really appreciate being able to use this track on my sleep buds. https://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/catPurrNoiseGenerator.php?l=29343934292929292929&n=Default

jimh12345
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 18, 2017

Well here it is, April 2019. Is there still any hope we'll get some additional masking sounds - that aren't obvious 10 second loops? Or has Bose ended work on this product?

I can only use Warm Static. Some alternatives would be nice.

Hi Jimh12345, 

Thanks for reaching out!

As explained previously in this thread, we are working on new sounds that will be added to the Bose sleep App, the feature request for personal sounds has been passed on. We have not heard anything yet, we will update this post as soon as we know more. 

Have a great day. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Krystian
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 2, 2019

Hey! I'm planning on buying these sleepbuds. The thing is that I'd like to add my sounds. Is the feature avalible yet? 

Community Manager

Hi Krystian,

Welcome to the Bose Community Forums! 

Our Noise-Masking Sleepbuds were engineered specifically to solve the problem of unwanted noise in the bedroom. In order to achieve a form factor small enough to be comfortable for sleeping and fit a battery that can support sound playback for an entire night, we made the conscious design decision to not stream audio constantly throughout the night, meaning adding your own sound files is not supported. Instead, we store the sound files on each Sleepbud and play them back locally, dramatically extending the audio playback time achievable in our breakthrough form factor.

If you have any suggestions on future masking sounds for our Sleepbuds we'd love to hear your suggestions, and relay them back to our development teams.

Kindest,

Andy B

mkrs
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 3, 2019

I don't care so much about the ability to upload my own sounds... just more options please.

This sound problem really reduces my rating of the product.

Hi Mkrs, 

Thank you for your feedback.

I have passed this onto the relevant department for consideration. 

Thank you again. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O