akaspin
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

Re: Ability to add your own sound files?

I buyed sleepbuds to mask my tinnitus during the sleep. My tinnitus is high tone - 10KHz. Despite my hopes no one sound is masked it completelly. Some sounds like Campfire works but too short - I definitelly can detect loop. I found masker: its white noise rain at https://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/whiteRainNoiseGenerator.php with ultra preset. I can get mp3 file. Is it possible to add it in sleepbuds and save me from madness?

Hi Akaspin, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. We appreciate the feedback. 

We don't currently offer the option to add your own sounds into the Sleepbuds, however this is something that we have passed onto the development team. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

akaspin
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

Hi Hector,

Thanks for your response! But as I read the topic this task is already in deep-deep backlog.

While I suffering I can suggest alternative solution. Actually I don't need to upload other files. All that I need is the masking sound for 10MHz. Im experienced user and backend developer. As I guess sounds are hosted somethere or embedded into app and when just uploaded to buds. Why not to just add sounds with techie names like Tinnitus 2MHz ... Tinnitus 10MHz? Even in the case of appstore it's one-hour work. I can order files and provide them.

Kind regards,

Aleksandr Dorofeev

Hi Akaspin, 

Thanks for your fast response. The files are embedded on the app and are uploaded onto the Sleepbuds where they stay. I can pass your suggestion onto the development team but can't promise that this will be implemented. 

I hope this helps! 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Krzysd
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 28, 2019

Dear Bose,

At AUD$379 these are by far the most expensive ear plugs on the planet. I am calling them ear plugs because from the very limited selection of sounds there is only one that works for me which is the tranquility track. There are no other tracks of this type. I should have spent $3.79 on ear plugs instead.

Considering the likely target audience for this product I can safely say they will be at the very least somewhat tech savvy. Give your users the ability to use the device as they wish. I can Understand there are certain restrictions on file size to maintain long play time, by all means set those recommendations for anyone wanting to upload but open up the possibility.

I do not believe that Bose sound experts can possibly know of every personal preference of every customer, this is obvious with the ridiculously limited selection of sounds available.

The original post is approaching it's 1st anniversary in two weeks. The repeated response of "We will pass it on to development team" is simply not good enough.

By trying to "protect" the product with this limitation you are ensuring it's failure.
shappy
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 11, 2018

Amazing it has been a year since I first posted this and absolutely nothing has been done. SMH

kaiserh
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 7, 2019

I have done some digging into the audio format used - and it looks like it will be pretty straightforward to make new sounds that are in a compatible format.

Digging into the Sleepbuds audio format - it's not complicated, please let us create our own sounds!

The next step is to try and get them into the app - this will be considerably more difficult without support from Bose, but I've got a few things to test out myself.

Precor546
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 23, 2019

What is the solution to adding your own sound files. The link says it’s solved but it doesn’t seem to be. Great product but I would like to add my Delta sleep files

let me know how to do that please

Hello Precor546, 

Thanks for getting in touch. Welcome to the Bose Community. 

We currently have no further information available regarding the ability to add your own custom sound files to the Noise Masking Sleepbuds.

If we have any updates, we will be sure to post the news here first. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G