jimh12345
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 18, 2017

Re: Ability to add your own sound files?

I predict this will turn out to be the number 1 issue for users. Of course there are some others, but I've mostly worked around them. Over time, the limitations of the sounds become ever more obvious and they lose their effectiveness. I'm down to 2 that still work for me; with the others, my brain has long since identified points in the 10 second loops, rendering them irritating and useless.

At this point it's a good product which I unfortunately could not recommend, for this reason.
shappy
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 11, 2018

FWIW I had an email converstation with a program director at Bose and was told there should be an update before the holidays that may offer this functionality. While he did not say this directly, he did understand this issue and he seemed to indicate a solution.

I returned my sleepbuds, but if these functionality was added, I would buy them again in a heartbeat.

jimh12345
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 18, 2017

Sounds promising. In my opinion, the sounds they have now could be much better with some tweaking. The 10 second loop is a big limitation, and sounds have to be designed so they seem smooth and seamless even after long use. Of the existing sounds, Csscade and Warm Static are the best by far.
I wouldn't have much luck trying to create or edit my own sound files for this purpose. That's what I'm hoping Bose can do.
jeremyS
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 16, 2018

I'm currently in my 30 day trial period and if there was a feature to load your own sounds and reset the buds to factory I would be more likely to keep them. I find the only sound that works for me is Warm Static, other sounds have distracting elements in them (some to do with looping). I really want to try them with plain white and pink noise.

If the custom sound feature did exist, it would also be nice if custom sounds were limited by how much storage there is rather than a time limit (so if you wanted, you can load a few longer tracks or a variety of short ones).

I can understand that performance/battery life could be affected, but why not make this an advanced feature and let the customer experiment?

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the suggestion for the Sleepbuds.  I'll send this up to the development team for their consideration!

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Jcdowning@live.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 23, 2018

I purchased a set of the sleep buds at Best Buy, but returned them for a refund because the sound files were so poorly done. Loved the size, fit and functionality, but like others, found the repetitive nature of the sounds very regocnizable and annoying. Sadly, the entire purpose of the sound files is to assist in the relaxation/sleep process. 

Please let me know when this issue is corrected and I’ll repurchase. 

rileyrg
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 13, 2018

Have to agree. Lovely product but lousy customisation. I don't believe they can't also support streaming too for hw that costs this much... And yes I realise the battery life will suffer.
Linus
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 19, 2017

I believe the lack of sound content and customization is due to the small drivers and storage.

Adding tracks with bass for instance would make the earphones sound bad, which is something that Bose dont want to be associated with. Understandable. And adding your own sound files would likely fill up the entire storage with a single file, which would cause people to complain.

The upside is ofcourse that the small drivers makes the buds light and comfy. Not to mention the 15 hour battery, which is pretty amazing.

But otherwise I agree. Some 10-20 additional tracks in the library shouldnt be that difficult to quality test and add.

rileyrg
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 13, 2018

Beautifully made but alas simply not enough. Need cancellation to cancel my partner's snoring 🙂  I also find they irritate my ear when I lie on my side. I'm not dissing the product but for such a targeted function having no cancellation means you're spending a huge amount for a comfortable, crippled wireless earbud. I'd have to recommend against them. I'm disappointed.

Karma66
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 25, 2018

Adding more sound files would be an excellent idea. I just received these as a gift today and I'm a little disappointed I cannot listen to my own music files like soothing theta brain waves, Reiki, etc. Can you please hurry up and add more variety and make these available as updates? I, for one, would be ecstatic! Thanks!