Alarm goes off at wrong time

Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Alarm goes off at wrong time

Have had my Sleepbuds for 6 weeks. All fine until last night. The app had been closed and the buds in the base. I hadn't set the alarm. It went off at 3am, 30 mins after I'd gone to sleep and freaked me out. When I looked in the alarm section it said the alarm was set for 8.50am...a setting I'd used several days before. It's possible I didn't dismiss it then....but all had been shut down several times in the meantime and it hadnt happened on the other interim nights. Also it didn't correspond at all to the time the alarm sounded or length of time they'd been in use last night. I was scared to use them for the rest of the night. Have lost trust in them.
10 REPLIES
Audible Advocate

Re: Alarm goes off at wrong time

Hi. I had a similar issue. I had an alarm from a few days previous wake me up today although I did not have the alarm turned on.

Hi @Moonchime and @Daijoki,

Thanks for posting. That does sound frustrating. Could I ask if your sleepbuds software is updated to the latest software?

Please let us know.

Tony G - Community Support

Audible Advocate

Yes. All fully up to date. It hasn't happened again....but it was a shock. Will be very unhappy if there's a repeat

Hi Moonchime ,

Thanks for the update. Please let us know if it happens again!

Regards,

Tony G

Audible Advocate

I'm updated as well. Thanks.

Audible Advocate

If it does you'll definitely be hearing from me!
Quiet Contributor

Firstly let me say how much I love these sleepbuds - got them for christmas.

However I set an alarm, 8:45am, which was fine the first day. The second day however it went off at 2:45am. Nothing had changed. I have turned it off now as I don't want to run the risk of losing sleep worrying about whether the alarm will go off or not Smiley Tongue

Unfortunately there's not much more I can tell you guys - only that absolutely nothing had changed on the phone - it was charged bluetooth on etc. The sleepbuds were freshly charged 100% before bed.

I really wish there was a sound of rain though - it's strange that there isn't an option for that. However static noise does the job. Slept like a baby (apart from that one early wakeup).

Friendly Fanatic

One thing that comes to mind is that there's an option to wake you early if the battery charge is low. There's been an ongoing issue where you take them out of the charger it says 100% but in fact the battery is nearly dead. Bose will first have you update the charging case, but for me that didn't help and they did a free exchange.

What I suggest is, if it happens again, open the app and see what it says the battery level is (not that I'd trust it). Also, I think one has to explicitly enable the option so this may not apply.

Audible Advocate

Mine have been ok since I removed all previously used alarm settings. I keep this section empty and if setting an alarm I immediately delete it once it's gone off or been dismissed. I don't think this had anything to do with my initial problem but I keep it cleaned out anyway. I also reset the charging box when the alarm misfired.