Annoying beeping left ear bud

Silent Starter

Annoying beeping left ear bud

Had my sound sleeps for about 3 weeks and I love them apart from one VERY annoying feature that started a week ago. When playing the wind farm noise(can’t remember the correct title) and about halfway through the night I get a annoying noise in my left ear bud. It’s like piano keys and is a regular pattern that once I hear it I can’t unhear it. I can still hear it if I put the left bud in my right ear. It’s only on the wind farm noise. This is the one I prefer to use as the others don’t seem to work as well for me. I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling the app. Any ideas? Can’t face having to return them as they have helped me so much.
8 REPLIES

Re: Annoying beeping left ear bud

Hello Akitagirl,

Thank you for posting, I'm sorry to see you're running into this issue.

Please contact support for further assistance. If you go HERE, select your region, scroll to the bottom of the page, choose "Contact Us," and there will be a number for support.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Silent Starter

I get this beeping too,  only in the left ear, but it is on every sound I use! I know its a hardware problem because even when i turn the volume to zero, I can still here it. Does this happen to you to?

Quiet Contributor

I've had my sleepbuds for ~2 weeks and think I have heard (what I believe to be) the same sound.  But I've only heard it one night.  It was on 'circulate', which I believe is the wind farm to which you refer.  I didn't hear it until waking up an hour or two before normal wake up time and wasn't sure if it was my imagination.  It was only in the left bud, a 4-5 tone sound, repeating.  Very annoying and had to change the sound in the app to cascade to get back to sleep.  

Silent Starter

That’s exactly what was happening to me. I exchanged the sleepbuds as Bose told me it was a hardware problem but as it’s still happening it must be a noise that it’s on the actual sound. It’s so annoying and not what I would expect from Bose. Paid £230 for them but can’t use one of the sounds due to a noise that is built into it! Please sort this out Bose!!
Friendly Fanatic

It's not "built in to the sound". I use Circulate and have never heard this beeping. I don't know what causes it, though, for people who have the problem.

Quiet Contributor

I experience the same thing on mine, it's super annoying and I hope Bose will fix this soon!!

Regardless which of the masking sounds I select, after a minute or two one of the sleepbuds (sometimes the left one, sometimes the right) starts to modify the sound pattern in a very slightly way, it's hard to describe but it's like adding a deep or a high tone in the very back.

Once I recognize it I can't overhear it anymore and it repeats in the pattern way. It actually annoys more than not wearing them at all and listen to the noise outside.

Bose please fix this to provide a stable delivery of the sound patterns.

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to jump in here and remind everyone that if you need assistance with your Sleepbuds, we are here to help. Here is a link to your local support team. Click on your country, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G

Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer

This issue is occurring after contacting support for a replacement. What do we do.

Bose please respond.