Are Bose Considering a Recall for the faulty Sleepbuds.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Are Bose Considering a Recall for the faulty Sleepbuds.

My sleep buds are three months old and have worked properly for around 25 sleeps.  For the last month I haven’t been able to connect sleep bud as common fault left bud not found.   Other problems have been losing connection while sleeping and both buds have also on occasions have been awoken to piercing sounds.  I brought them in Australia but have been in the Uk for past month.   I have been a life long consumer of Bose and until now Bose products represented excellent quality.   Expensive but good workmanship.

The 25 nights my sleepbuds worked I had a good sleep now I just use them as expensive  ear plugs.

i have tried all recommend remedies and have felt like a beta tester for your company for a product that clearly wasn’t adequately tested.

i have rung your sleepbuds team as suggested initially they denied knowing any problems about the sleep buds not connecting or not being found. I explained I have been on the Bose forum and the woman immediately apologised and acknowledged their are problems with the sleep buds.  I guess she was attempting to protect Boses reputation by denying there were any faults. 

I explained all the steps I have taken to fix and even borrowed a pc over in the UK to update firmware nothing works. Several hours spent nothing works.

They told me I could return to authorised Bose dealer in Uk for an immediate replacement and that the dealers have been made aware of the direct replacement for the sleep buds due to the faults. All I needed was to return the buds along with proof of purchase.  

I drove an hour to Banbury PC curry store who is an authorised dealer and basically told they didn’t honour oversea purchased goods under warranty.  

I am now back to taking sleeping pills for nearly my whole trip.  I am extremely disappointed that these buds are faulty and there is no way to factory reset or reverse to a previous update that worked.

Sleep is extremely important for me and I trusted Bose as being a quality brand.

It has ruined my trip a fair amount as I have been groggy from having to take tablets again.

i also have a 24 hour plane flight home where sleep will be tough.  I will attempt to get a refund or replacement back home.  No doubt I will have to wait several weeks for it to be processed by Bose.  Your company brand is being damaged by this product the fact you have a dedicated team for Sleepbuds could indicate they are no good.  Please pass my feedback onto Sleepbuds team.  

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Are Bose Considering a Recall for the faulty Sleepbuds.

Hello Harbs1973,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, I am really sorry to hear that you have been having trouble with your Noise-Cancelling Sleepbuds. I completely understand that it can be frustrating since you rely on them for sleep, in this situation we would normally recommend resetting the buds. To reset the charging case, insert a thin paper clip or pin into the hole on the back of the case near the USB connector. Press until you feel a click. If this does not work then we would normally suggest that you call the customer care team in your area as they would be able to assist you with an exchange, however, since you were in the UK I understand this would have been difficult. When you get back home I would still recommend getting in touch so that we can hopefully get this sorted for you. 

Should you need anything else please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

Audible Advocate

Hi Zoe thank you for the reply

I tired the resetting button first along with phone customer support.  I am in London on Monday I will try a company owned store for a replacement.  I acknowledge no product is perfect even Apple accepts a failure rate of up to 2% these buds are shocking people on this forum are onto there 4th pair in under 12 months all with the same faults.  Not good enough for a premium brand.   Thanks for your suggestion but didn’t work.  The reset button resets the charging dock.  No functions enable a complete factory result to eliminate corrupted software as mentioned by phone support.

Hello Harbs1973,

Thanks for getting back to me and trying the reset, I understand this is not the ideal situation, however, I do think you would be better calling the customer care team as the store cannot deal with service requests. 

Uk Customer Care Number 

Australia Customer Care Team

I hope this helps, should you need anything else please get in touch!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C