Background singing with sounds

Highlighted
khe
Audible Advocate

Background singing with sounds

Hello, I am curious to learn if anyone in the community is hearing singing, very softly, womens voices, for all sounds except "circulate".  this is very distressing because my ears have adjusted to the singing almost exclusively, i.e. not hearing the wonderful nature sounds.  I am curious if anyone has experienced this?  thank you

7 REPLIES
Audible Advocate

Re: Background singing with sounds

no ,
but it is normal to hear weird or known sounds in any looping music such as white noise apps, this is come form your brain not necessary from the sounds itself .
try the other new 10 sound " relaxing sound", as some are less mixed.

Audible Advocate

Yes!  I have heard the same thing on several of the sounds- it's really quite weird.  I don't know what to say about it other than I figured it was just me hearing something that wasn't there.  But yes, it definitely sounds like singing on some of the sounds.  There are also a couple of sounds I can't play because I can hear where it "loops".  There is a little clicking noise or a high pitched noise each time it loops, and then it just startles me.  So there are only a few sounds I can play because of that.  

khe
Audible Advocate

thank you for your response, and I am glad to learn that someone else hears this.  I have spoken to a few people who hear the same thing.  I have been unable to communicate with Bose reps about this.  I hope that someone from Bose can provide a solution to this irritating situation?

Hi all,

Thanks for chiming in. That is interesting. We haven't seen reports of this yet here in the community. If you feel that your Sleepbuds are not working properly, we would encourage you to contact your local support team for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your region, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Audible Advocate

Hi Tony- I actually am getting my sleep buds replaced this week because they stopped charging.  So I'm really interested to see if I still can hear the "singing" noise with the new sleep buds.  

khe
Audible Advocate

good luck and please let us know if you hear that singing.  For the Bose managers, it would be helpful if you could provide helpful guidance instead of always referring us to the helpsite.  thank you

Audible Advocate

Ah ha! I also experienced this and I think I have a possible "fix."

I'd been using my sleepbuds in phone free mode and got good at taking them out at almost exactly the same time.

I didn't notice anything amiss (other than some other issues) when going to sleep. However, when I'd wake up at night, I'd perceive a weird distant variable soft tone sound....thing. kind of like very distant singing..ish :-).

Since the sleepbuds are presumably doing almost exactly the same thing, and that I can hear some of the 18-21kHz electrical sounds, I figured it was my brain interpreting some weird harmonics.

Anyway, my "fix" was to take one sreepbud out, wait a second, then take the other out. In otherwords, I offset their loops by about 1 second. Since then, I haven't been able to perceive any strange sounds!

I thought that was pretty cool, slightly disrupted, but certainly interesting.