Binaural Sounds for sleep in Bose App

SOLVED
Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Binaural Sounds for sleep in Bose App

Hi,

I've enjoyed listening to binaural beats for deep sleep and have received great benefit from it. Would it be possible to add the functionality to the Sleepbuds? Right now, I use Brainwaves while listening to a soundscape on the Calm app. I'd assume the file for beats would be rather small as it is just two tones on repeat. I'd love to be able to have the option to add binaural sounds to the Bose soundscapes via a check-box (on/off; being able to set timer independently of soundscape). Is this technically possible and are there any talks about getting this implemented into the bose app?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bose Best Answer selected by ModeratorHector_B

Accepted Solutions

Re: Binaural Sounds for sleep in Bose App

Hi Fannylyp, 

Thanks for posting and also showing your interest in Binaural Sounds. 

This has been passed onto our development team. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

8 REPLIES 8
Community Manager

Hi Cbepunkt,

Thank you for your interest and support in our Noise-Masking Sleepbuds. We have no information or news to share regarding Binaural audio integration with Sleepbuds, but I'd love to log your feedback and interest today. 

In regards to file size, you are correct. We store the small sound files on each of the sleepbuds and play them back locally, which dramatically extends the audio playback time achievable in this tiny form factor. 

If you have any additional suggestions, please share these with the Community and we'd love to relay this to our development team.

Kindest,

Andy B - Community Support

Wistful Whisperer

I would like to add my vote for the ability to add binaural beats to any of the current Sounds!

Audible Advocate

+1!

Hi Fannylyp, 

Thanks for posting and also showing your interest in Binaural Sounds. 

This has been passed onto our development team. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Friendly Fanatic

I am a big fan/user of binaural beats, using it to aid in my meditation practice.

However, I have serious reservations about using it with a product that will be broadcasting for an entire evening while trying to sleep.  During normal sleep, our brains cylce through several wave frequencies, ranging from theta waves (dream sleep) to deep delta waves (deep sleep).  These cycles repeat themselves several times every night, and all are critical for a good night's sleep.

Binaural beats have been shown to effectively support and influence our brain wave patterns.  If you try and sleep using a binaural wave that isn't in sync with your natural rhythm it could negatively impact your sleep, especially over time.  e.g. you may use a binaural beat for deep delta and have difficulty with dream sleeping, and vice versa.

It might be possible to put the binaural beat portion of the sound on some sort of timer (it is usually buried withing a larger sound), but that would vary greatly between users.

tldr; Be careful using binaural beats all night long while trying to sleep.

Quiet Contributor

It actually blows my mind that there is no Binaural beats on the sleep buds (tranquility is the closest soundscape. Look at the success of meditaiton apps such as insights, calm etc. I understand that Bose intend the experience to be restricted but the restriction has led to the bose sleepbuds sitting in the draw and opting for over the ear headphones simply because the lack of Binaural beats.

Every update im hopeful of seeing an option but still nothing, such a shame. How about some deep Theta soundscapes, the same brainwaves we produce when we are in deep sleep. Or Alpha waves to help us relax when reading a book. While i appreciate white noise there are other alternatives. 

I raised this question over 6 months ago and got the same lame answer from the dev team so i doubt bose will ever implement something and use the excuse of file size Smiley Mad

Silent Starter

Hi

I'd like to support this request and do certainly wonder how a device designed to aid the quality of sleep hasn't got the slightest mention of this. 

Actually I would even more insist on the addition of isochronic sounds, since they have been shown to be more effective than binaural beats (higher brain response and effective in a wider frequency range). But once Bose will take the importance of the sounds composition seriously, I assume it will not require a big investment to add them both.

Furthermore, I find it strange that a request gets the status 'Solved' as soon as it has been passed to the development team. To me that seems just the first step, definitely not the last.

Greetings,

Klaas

Silent Starter

Hi ,

Can someone from Bose please provide an update from the development team on what's happening with this customer suggestion ?

Thank you !