Bose - Honesty about the odd sounds PLEASE

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter

Bose - Honesty about the odd sounds PLEASE

Please forgive the bluntness of this, I am tired... very tired.
After having owned the earbuds only 4 days, I am at the end of my short, frayed fuse. I really thought this would have been a vigorously tested product that has been brought to market but what I actually have is potentially good but failing me nightly product.
I am using android 7.0 the latest Bose Sleep App and a Charging case which has been reset many times.
So far I have heard the ghosting or phantom tones in the following effects:
Warm Static - definitely the Loop from Tranquility playing in the far distance. Only discernable in the early hours when my brain has heard if for 4+hours .
Altitude - Musical Tones can be heard immediately on this one, I can't use it at all.
Shower - This one is actually pretty good but give me random ping noises in the night and wakes me up ?!?!!
All issues always in the left ear bud. I haven't made it through the night on just one effect alone.

So Bose, this is the deal - you have promised us a quality of life which you are very close to delivering. Many of us have similar problems and yet we all do not want a refund or a replacement. We want an UPDATE!
Please Bose, be honest and admit this is an issue and then give us hope. We want this to be as good as we know it should but we need a timescale. We need the date of a future update. If no specific date has yet been decided then an honest reply why this is taking so long would help us. Just don't lie to us. We really don't need it.
So when can we expect an update for our Sleepbuds?..
Days? Weeks? Months?
While we are at it when can we expect more sounds in the library?
Thanks in advance.

Little Miss Tired 🤷
.. on behalf of the whole community.
8 REPLIES

Re: Bose - Honesty about the odd sounds PLEASE

Hi 40Winx,

Thanks for posting with such detail. I am so sorry to hear about that. We might have covered this in another post that you can see here.

High-pitched chirping, clicking or ticking sound in one or both ears

I would recommend looking at that post. 

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Animated Arbiter

Tony
With respect, I have read every post and reply in this community and NO it does not help.
You, representing Bose, have sidestepped my original request which was a date or timescale for an improved update. If there is none, we would appreciate an honest explanation.
We all want transparency here.
Please respond.

Animated Arbiter

I am STILL waiting for a response.....
Why can you not pick up a phone e and find out what the hell is going on?
This is such a mess and you need to show us you are doing something about it and I mean beyond offering us suggestions that we have already done. And stop giving us the spiel to contact our local Sleepbud support team for assistance, we know how to go about getting a replacement or a refund if we want one!
What we WANT is information.
Now please can you do your job and get us what we want.

Hello 40Winx,

Thank you for all the posts.

We completely understand and have passed all of your feedback along to the development team and are happy to see you have a lot of passion for Sleepbuds.

We're continuing to develop and improve the Sleepbuds through a timetable, and we're not able to provide details, but I can assure you as soon as we have information on additional updates and features we will communicate this clearly to the community. 

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Animated Arbiter

Thank you for your eventual reply.
We have all been waiting for a response but sadly this isn't what we all had hoped for.

You say "We're continuing to develop and improve the Sleepbuds through a timetable, and we're not able to provide details, but I can assure you as soon as we have information on additional updates and features we will communicate this clearly to the community. "

In order to satisfy your customers you will need to reveal roughly WHAT you plan to "develop" either software or hardware and secondly WHEN these improvements can be expected. If the improvement is not scheduled to be swift enough then we will be forced to make our own informed decisions. If there are no more statements expanding on our initial requests then that is the end of the line for quite a few of us.
Keep us informed, keep us happy. It's quite simple really.
Now please return with the answers to the two above questions.
Vocal Volunteer

No they need fixing or recalling.

Q. Are we allowed refunds because they don't work?
Audible Advocate

From experience, if you are in the U.S., the warranty exchange process is really fast.

Are you using your sleepbuds in phone-free mode and taking them out of the charging case at exactly the same time? If so, in the off chance you are doing that, try taking them out a second apart.

If you are using them as normal, perhaps try in phone free mode and take each sreepbud out with a second offset.

I got good at taking my sleepbuds out at very close to the same time. However, I sometimes noticed some weird and very quiet
variable tonal (distant singing, humming, just tones) sounds.

My theory, (note that I'm able to hear the 18kHz electronic sounds) is that I started perceiving harmonics. Since I figured each sreepbud was pretty much doing exactly the same thing it a loop, that "randomly" offsetting them would disrupt any perceived interactions.

Note:. I totally just picked one second because it was easy and I figured any loop was probably longer than a second.

Friendly Fanatic

@fractalbrain wrote:
From experience, if you are in the U.S., the warranty exchange process is really fast.

Are you using your sleepbuds in phone-free mode and taking them out of the charging case at exactly the same time? If so, in the off chance you are doing that, try taking them out a second apart.

If you are using them as normal, perhaps try in phone free mode and take each sreepbud out with a second offset.

I got good at taking my sleepbuds out at very close to the same time. However, I sometimes noticed some weird and very quiet
variable tonal (distant singing, humming, just tones) sounds.

My theory, (note that I'm able to hear the 18kHz electronic sounds) is that I started perceiving harmonics. Since I figured each sreepbud was pretty much doing exactly the same thing it a loop, that "randomly" offsetting them would disrupt any perceived interactions.

Note:. I totally just picked one second because it was easy and I figured any loop was probably longer than a second.

That is almost certainly what is happening, and it's quite common with repeating sounds.  The brain is always trying to make sense of things.  I posted several links about this in a thread I created here, but unfortunately a troll decided to destroy any conversation.  This is easily googled.