Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

Bose Sleep App 2.4.1

Starting Tuesday, February 11th, 2020, a new update for the Bose Sleep App (2.4.1) is available through the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.

Official release notes 
Bose Sleep App 2.4.1 - iOS and Android

• Bug fixes and performance improvements
  • Updated Bose Sleep End User License Agreement to include revised open source disclosures. 

Compatible OS versions
Android: 5.0 and up
iOS: 10.0 and later

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 19, 2018

Re: Bose Sleep App 2.4.1

Thank you for continuing to update the Sleep app.

My buds have been working okay but without the app, being kept current, they would not be working at all.

I dread the day when either the batteries finally die, or the app can no longer find the buds.

I hope that Bose is working on a Sleepbuds 2.0

Frankly, I'd buy another pair of Sleepbuds 1.0 right now.

Teething problems are to be expected with a product like this.

My experience has been positive overall.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 17, 2020

Hi,

Since updating to 2.4.1 the phone free mode option is greyed out.

I don't have any pending/incomplete sounds transfers.

Would really like to get it working!

Cheers for any help

Highlighted

Hi gasman2,

I'd be happy to help you get phone free mode working again. Welcome to the community!

If you do not have any pending transfers or updates for the buds, then the first thing I would suggest we try is restarting your phone. If you close out of the Bose Sleep app, restart your phone, then re-open the app and test again you should be able to activate phone free mode.

If you are still unable to do so after restarting the phone, the next trick would be to uninstall the app and redownload it again. This will give us a fresh connection to your Sleepbuds and allow us to set them back up as if it was the first time the phone was connecting to them.

Let me know how you get on.

New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 17, 2020

Thanks for your reply!

Reinstalling the App worked- option is now back again.

Cheers

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 28, 2020

Version 2.4.1 is not working for me. I’m using a brand new pair of sleep buds I got when I exchanged my old ones. They simply will not pair to anything with version 2.4.1 (iPhone or iPad). I can get them to pair with my wife’s iPad running the older version of the app.

Any suggestions?

Highlighted

Hi Twitchgreen, 

We are very sorry to hear this! 

Have you tried the troubleshooting suggested previously in this thread?

We would love to get you enjoying your Sleepbuds. 😊

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

Bose be serious (a bit late but) and remember you promised:

I want to keep using sleepbuds™. Will Bose continue support for the Bose Sleep app?

Yes. We are committed to supporting customers whose sleepbuds™ are working fine. We will continue to support the Bose Sleep app through bug fixes and operating system upgrades on both iOS and Android platforms.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

It is obvious that the sleepbuds will not connect after you update to Apple IOS 13.4 when 45 users post the same thing. We've tried ALL the troubleshooting suggestions on multiple devices. Please tell Bose to get an update ASAP. The sleepbuds are an essential wellness product. They have had to been withdrawn from the market because of battery issues. I have had 3 replacements and the latest one has been working. Please let the community know if there is going to be an update soon.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 19, 2018

I was able to get them to be recognised, and then out of Phone Free Mode, but it was hard work, very touch and go.

The buds were not very responsive, while I had them out of Phone Free Mode.

I put them straight back into Phone Free Mode, again, very hard to do.

We need an update for this app please.