Highlighted
syerbes
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 12, 2019

Bose Sleep App crashing in IOS 13

Hello,

I have recently purchased a new pair of Sleepbuds, which I am very happy with. Unfortunately, the application crashes when I try to download new sounds from the online library. My device is an iPhone with IOS 13 installed. My iPad does not work neither, same problem. May exist a compatibility issue with the new operating system from Apple?

Thank you.

21 REPLIES 21

Re: Bose Sleep App crashing in IOS 13

Hello syerbes,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having some issues with the Bose Sleep app on iOS 13. 

Does your iPad also have iOS 13 installed? 

Please ensure that you have the most recent update of iOS 13 on both your iPhone and iPad.

Could you please ensure that you have the most up to date version of the Bose Sleep app also?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

syerbes
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 12, 2019

Hello,

I have both the last update of IOS 13 and the last version of the application installed, in the IPad as well. I tried to reinstall it with no fix to the crash problem.

Thank you for the assistance.

Hello syerbes,

Thank you for getting back to me with this information.

I have just tested this here using an iPhone Xs on iOS 13.2.2 with the Bose Sleep app (v2.3.0) and was able to successfully download and transfer new sounds to the Sleepbuds.

Could you please try restarting both devices! 

Additionally, please reset the charging case of the Sleepbuds by inserting a paper clip into the hole next to the charging port.

Please also visit btu.bose.com on your computer and ensure that the charging case is running the latest version as well as ensuring that there are no updates for the Sleepbuds in the Bose Sleep app.

Once you have done this, please get back to me and let me know if the issue persists.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

syerbes
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 12, 2019

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I have tried everything you proposed with no success. The application still crashes when I tap in whatever sound within the sound library (even the ones already installed). I have everything up to date, and as far as I know, the sleepbuds have been restarted (using the little hole). Both of my IOS devices have been rebooted as well. Do you have any restrictions per region? Although I am currently living in the US, my devices are from a different region (the sleepbuds where purchases here in the US). Apart from that, I don’t know what might be happening.

Hi syerbes, 

Thanks for posting and making us aware of this issue! I am sorry to hear that the steps above did not resolve this for you. 

Do you have any non-Apple products that you could test the application on as I have also tested this with my iPhone X running IOS 13 with no issues? As far as I am aware there should not be any issues with the regions of the devices and this shouldn't cause the app to not correctly function. 

As you are still experiencing this issue, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our customer service team via clicking this link, then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

I am deeply sorry that the team was not able to resolve this issue via the community. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

t122
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 14, 2019

Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem with a new pair of sleepbuds. Tried all the aforementioned potential fixes without resolution of the crashing. Using an up-to-date iphone 11. Figured it could be helpful to know that this issue is occurring for others.

Hello T122, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry that you are having this issue and would love to assist, can you please confirm exactly which of the below steps you have tried so that I can pass this onto the development team for further investigation? 

• Update the charging case by going to btu.bose.com and checking that the charging cases software is up to date. 
  • Update the Sleepbuds app by uninstalling and reinstalling to ensure that there are no issues. 
  • Reset the charging case. To reset the charging case, insert a thin paper clip or pin into the hole on the back of the case near the USB connector. Press until you feel a click. 

It would also be great to know if this is functioning correctly for you with any other non-Apple devices, if you have any to hand. 

I look forward to your reply. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Rafael Pierce
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

Same problem here.

everything was updated.

my friend has an old iOS 12.something and it works for him.

unfortunately doesn’t seem to work with the new iOS update on any of my devices.

codydoerfler@gmail.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

Same issue, mine started when I received a replacement pair