Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 18, 2020

Bose Sleep missing sounds when the language of the phone is other than English

Hello,

New sounds are hidden when Android's language is set to other than English.

When I switch the entire system + apps in English (US), new sounds appears.

Bose, are you aware than not everyone on earth speaks English ?

So, please translate the description of new sounds in other languages, or let us change manually the language of Bose Sleep app to English, so we don't have to switch the entire phone to english, which is quite annoying when you speak another language like most people on earth.

Sleepbuds II / Bose Sleep 3.0.1 / Samsung Galaxy S10 / Android 10

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Bose Sleep missing sounds when the language of the phone is other than English

Hi Chris Bkt,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

It's strange that the sounds available to you in the app changes when you change the language! So I can look into this further with you, I do have a few questions to gather as much information on this as possible! As you have mentioned that some sounds are missing when the app is set to languages other than English, what Language have you been testing the app with? 

Could you also please let me know what country you are in?

Also, which sounds are you missing when you change the language? I appreciate typing the list out wouldn't be much fun, but if you can send us some screenshots then that would be great as well. It would be interesting to know if there is any connection between the sounds you are missing.

I look forward to getting to the bottom of this with you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 18, 2020

Re: Bose Sleep missing sounds when the language of the phone is other than English

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Hello Keith,

Thanks. I'm in France and use French (France) language.

Here are screenshots of the 3 types of sounds, when using french. I have downloaded some sounds using english language, but I don't remember which one.

Highlighted

Hey Chris,

Thank you for providing those screenshots. If possible, would you be able to download the Bose Sleep app on a different device and then test to see which sounds are showing on that device when the language is set to French/English?

Also, remove the app and only re-download from the app store when your phone is set in French - let us know if this makes any difference!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 18, 2020

I can't test on another device : my old phone is on Android 5.1, which seems too old for installing Bose Sleep.

No difference when re-installing with phone set in french, this is what I did at first.