dothedrew28
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 5, 2020

Re: Bose Sleepbuds 2 - Loses Power

"The Sleepbuds charging case was designed to ensure that your buds are ready for use whenever you need them"

That is very interesting to hear that this is expected behavior. I feel like it defeats the purpose to ensure your buds are ready for use whenever we need them, if when we actually need them, they are out of battery.

Good to know, I'll just make sure to always have the buds plugged in.

7oy8oy
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 17, 2020

"The Sleepbuds charging case was designed to ensure that your buds are ready for use whenever you need them"

What does this mean exactly? Because I have other wireless "buds" from a different brand and they are also always ready to be used. More so in fact, since they usually have battery left when I want to use them even if the case hasn't been plugged in for weeks.

The Sleepbuds take approximately as long to connect and be found by the app as any other wireless device I have ever used. So, this "ready-for-use" feature cannot have anything to do with connectivity. I am very curious to find out what it is that requires the Sleepbuds and case to be powered on at all times.

As a side note the local Bose support in the country I live told me I should replace the buds since this battery drain behavior sounded like a faulty product. It shouldn't  empty the battery in just a few days they said. So this "ready-for-use" feature is not only really fantastic and unique, but it is also a secret, even to those working with support at Bose.

dothedrew28
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 5, 2020

Echoing the reply above, all of my wireless headphones do not have an always on feature and need to be charged continuously. They in fact hold their full charge and only connect when taken out of their case. To have these buds "pinging" every second of every day does not seem like these buds will last a long time. To be always on just makes me feel like more problems will occur sooner than later. 

Is there an option to turn off the feature of always looking for a signal? 

groovysamurai
Participant
Registered since

Nov 15, 2020

Yes I agree this sounds terrible, is there a way to actually shut the sleepbuds 2 down?

I want them to last as they are an expensive product. If they are going to be constantly on, draining the case's battery - then they aren't going to have a very long lifespan, and it's certainly not practical..

7oy8oy
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 17, 2020

Too bad BOSE is unable to provide any satisfying answer for this issue. That leaves me no other option than to return this product. At least they have this really generous 90 days trial period.

PaulyG
Participant
Registered since

Nov 30, 2020

I am very thankful for finding this thread.

I used these last week, then fully charged both the case and the buds, then left them in the case expecting I could use them again last night.  Last night reached for them and both the buds and case had no power, very annoying.

I am still 50/50 on whether or not these were suitable for my needs, but its always a battle to find a free charge point, especially permanently, and if this is a requirement so the buds can be 'always ready' for use then this is going to be the deal breaker I'm afraid.

ehof
Participant
Registered since

Dec 3, 2020

How can this be intended behaviour? Why would it need to be pinging the buds even when both the case and buds are at 100% charge? Can this be fixed via software update? Or disabled via an option? This is absolutely ridiculous and defeats the purpose of a charging case, it in fact is a draining case.

User406a
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 6, 2020

I would to like know too: Is this something that could be corrected or made optional via a software update?

This a major flaw for me, and may be a dealbreaker for me as well. I need the buds to stay charged while in the case, not being used, and not plugged in. Like my AirPods do.

User406a
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 6, 2020

Is there a moderator on this thread that could answer our questions?

Can the pinging and draining the buds and case battery be corrected via a software update? Or, be made optional?

dholtz
Participant
Registered since

Dec 7, 2020

When I fully charge the buds and the case, then put it aside, the case is mostly dead in 4,5 days.  Even without wearing the buds or even opening the case.  This means that I can't really travel with these unless I keep them essentially plugged in every 2,3 days.  I called Bose support and she said it's because they're always "on."  Why this is, I have no idea.  There should be a way to turn them off and stop the bluetooth which is likely what's eating up the battery.