Shimin
Participant
Registered since

Dec 8, 2020

Re: Bose Sleepbuds 2 - Loses Power

Although the moderator's response is reasonable, I wonder how much electricity is wasted this way. Mine run out of power after two days. But I remember reading somewhere saying that the charging case is for us to bring around buds even in the case we could not charge. So I feel a bit cheated. I do like it (even for day time to focus on work) but this really put me off a bit

Shimin
Participant
Registered since

Dec 8, 2020

• This is the product information "Get up to 10 hours on a single charge and 3 additional charges from the case."
  • So I find the explanation is in conflict 
Vicky_W

Hello everyone,

Thank you for all of your comments, and for your patience while we gathered more information for you.

Sleepbuds II use nickel-metal hydride batteries rather than the lithium-ion batteries you commonly find in other small electronics and earbuds. Nickel metal hydride batteries were a better solution for us given their size flexibility to achieve the tiny form factor needed for all-night comfort. They have also been in the market for many years with a proven track record of durability.

Nickel metal hydride batteries drain more quickly when not in use, so the case needs to charge the Sleepbuds back up more frequently to keep them ready. We recommend that you keep the case connected to power when possible. Rest assured, this does not harm the long-term performance of the batteries.

With that being said, we understand your feedback. Our product teams are investigating the possibility of increasing the time the case can remain unplugged while maintaining the Sleepbuds for a full night’s use. We have no additional information to share at this time, but as always will be sure to update you all in the future when more news becomes available.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
User406a
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 6, 2020

Thanks for the information. I do hope they can improve the charge to lasting beyond a few days. It’s good to know that this will not affect the life of the battery. But, how much electricity does this used when plugged in to keep re-charging the batteries constantly?

User406a
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 6, 2020

Is a moderator available to give us an answer to this: how much electricity does this use when plugged in to keep re-charging the batteries constantly?

Jeff_30066
Participant
Registered since

Dec 23, 2020

Glad to see this post. I thought odd that the new buds would completely drain after a few days of non use. I thought maybe because of the hands free way that I use them? I too have them on a sleep timer for 90 minutes, so I expected that they would last a bit longer. Agree didn't seem to have this issue with the first ones.

Any updates, please keep me in the loop as well.

Stevieh459
Participant
Registered since

Nov 12, 2019

Checking on an update regarding this.  The instructions included in the package would indicate that the charging puck would give you three charges of the buds regardless of time so when the buds are charging they should be placed in power save mode/off.  However in their current state they can't even be used for weekend trips 

cpodrasky@outlook.com
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 25, 2019

Same issue here and can't believe this is expected behavior!  I frequently go a week or two between uses and usually find myself at three in the morning looking for a charging cable to "refresh" my Sleepbuds so I can use them. And no, leaving them plugged in all the time it's not a solution. The is a surprising and disappointing design flaw from Bose.  I would return them if I could.

Captain BrewDog
Participant
Registered since

Jan 14, 2021

Pleased to see that I am not the only user to experience this problem..........

Having upgraded from the previous generation of these SleepBuds at Bose'e expense due to that products inherent battery design problem, it feels a like another "dejavue" own goal has just been committed by Bose.....again.

With my 'limited" knowledge of the technical issues involved that is causing the problems, I am confident that the Bose software engineers should be able to provide a firmware update that allows the user to simply turn on/off the "pinging" action that appears to be the cause of the battery drain design problem.

Fingers Crossed🤞

WL81
Participant
Registered since

Feb 7, 2021

Hi all. This is my first entry on the Bose forum. It saddens me that the urge to sign up, came out of frustration. The Sleepbuds are the most dissappointing product I have in my possession. I refuse to let them go, because they are so near to being awesome. I have tinnitus and when they work, they are a dream come true. As they are almost always discharged when I need them, they are also worthless and infiuriating. Bose is now aware of this issue for at least three months. The moderator promised to get back with an update on a possible fix and didn’t. There is no crazy hard development question to be answered. Battery management can either be improved via a firmware update or not. I take that lack of communication as a hint. This is a pretty niche product and I see little inclination from Bose to solve another round of issues with the SleepBuds.