John JKT
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 24, 2019

Bose noise masking sleepbuds don’t charge above 58%

I just bougt Bose noise masking sleepbuds one week ago and already have same issue as reported by so many here on this forum, the sleepbuds do not charge above 58% I would very much appreciate a replacement set as still under warranty. Also, seen the high price paid for this Bose product, I expected it to be of much higher quality and not expected it to fail after only one week, surely Bose has to get this issue addressed asap not to lose market image. 

I trust to be provided a new set of sleepbuds, able to charge to 100%

Thanks in advance for your understanding and support. 

Best regards,

John JKT

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Bose noise masking sleepbuds don’t charge above 58%

Hello John JKT, 

Thanks for messaging the community, I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing some charging issues with your Sleepbuds. 

We recommend that you perform the following troubleshooting steps.

• Perform a reset for the charging case. This can be done by inserting a paperclip, pin, or other similar object into the hole on the back of the charging case, until a click is heard. When done, please let the buds charge for 30-60 minutes, then check that these are charging past the 58% you have described.
  • Following this, check for any available firmware updates for your Sleepbuds. This can be done via a computer using a USB and visiting our firmware update website btu.bose.com
  • Please also ensure that the contacts for the Sleepbuds are visible, and not obscured by the ear-tip when connected to the charging case

If these steps do not provide a solution for this issue, please get in contact with your regions Bose product support team for further assistance. Please follow this link, select your region and scroll down to "Contact Us". There you will find the appropriate contact information and an agent will happily assist. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions. 

Tegan M - Community Support 

John Jakarta
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 24, 2019

Reply to message from Tegan M, Bose operator send by email to John JKT (had to make a new account as unable to access my previous account)

Dear Tegan M,

Thank you for your support on this matter. 
I have updated the charging case via Btu.bose.com, the sleep buds are correctly seated in the charging case giving flashing lights when charging and steady lights once "fully" charged and I did a reset of the charging case.
I have updated to the latest version via Btu.bose.com and even re-installed the app, all without success. 
Please find hereby attached pictures giving you more details/evidence that all recommendations have been correctly followed.

As I bought the Bose noise cancelling sleepbuds just one week ago in Indonesia, Jakarta at 4,748,000IDR (approx. 335US$ / 299euro) I would very much appreciate to be provided with a new set of sleepbuds, this as a warranty support from Bose as well as from a technical point of view, so that Bose can investigate this mater deeper, the latest update mention that it would tackle the 58% charging problem but this does not seem to be the case as the problem is still present.

Thank you in advance for your support and giving the "go ahead" to Bose onsite support team in Jakarta to provide me with a new set of sleepbuds at no cost.
Best regards,
John JKT 

[Removed by Moderator]

IMG_4971.JPGIMG_4970.JPGIMG_4979.PNGIMG_4978.PNGIMG_4977.PNGIMG_4976.JPG

Hi John Jakarta,

Thank you for updating us regarding this issue, I am very sorry to hear that this issue persists. 

We are unable to look into what service options are available to you via the Community platform. In this instance we would urge you to get in touch with your regions Bose product support team who can provide you with the most accurate information on how to move forward regarding this.

Please visit this link select your region and scroll down to "Contact Us". There you will find the appropriate contact information.

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

John JKT
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 24, 2019

Dear M. Tegan,

Thank you for the onsite support provided, much appreciated. I have contacted the Jakarta Bose support team and have been provided a new set noise masking sleepbuds, warranty applied as my set was bought only 2w earlier. 

I hope that with this new set noise masking sleepbuds I can go for many years without further malfunction of any kind, I expect, as a customer, when I buy a Bose product having bought a quality product, I am willing to pay the price for Bose quality products that will lest for some time,  if however I would have further issues with this new set noise masking sleepbuds, then I will reclaim the amound paid and consider to buy same sleepbuds froom Bose competitor, cheaper and probalby of less good quality but when buying cheaper product somewere it is expected them to fail quicker then quality products. 

For your info, I bought a Bose speaker about 8y ago and it is still playing like new, therefore I am more than happy to pay for a good product, after all, Bose Customers do expect Bose to keep its quality standards at a high and very reliable level.  

Best regards,

John Jakarta

John JKT
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 24, 2019

Dear Team, 

I am very much disappointed of Bose noise masking sleep buds, I bought my first new set July - early Aug. 2019 which failed only a couple of weeks after I purchased them, having reported this on this forum and still under warranty, I received a 2nd new set which failed again after approximately 4-6 weeks, under warranty I received a 3th set of Bose earbuds.

unfortunately the 3th new set I received just yesterday failed again (RH earbud not working) 

I must say that when I used them they were just perfect an I had my best sleep since years.

I have decided to return them again to the shop were I bought them, Jakarta Bose shop Plaza Indonesia, and request to be refunded in full.

I trust my request will be positively answered by Bose HQ USA

Best regards, 

John JKT 

jeffreybbradley
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 22, 2019

Agree with the comments on this thread. My sleepbuds will also not charge above a certain level and at the level on sleepbuds they will not let the new software download. The service on this product has to be the worst that I have ever encountered. Irrespective of warranty, customers should have the ability to send them in for repair or replacement at a very low cost. Boise is not listening to their customers.

Highlighted
jeffreybbradley
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 22, 2019

I amend my comment due to the policy decision by the Company. Thank you.