Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2019

Bose sleep app keeps crashing

I recently upgraded my phone to the Galaxy S10+ and the app crashes every time it tries to connect (during the Searching... screen). I am also on the latest app version. Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas on how to fix it?
16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted

Re: Bose sleep app keeps crashing

Hi Cknd04, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having this issue and would love to assist you further. 

Firstly, have you attempted to delete and reinstall the app as well as performing a reset on your device? 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 8, 2019

Hi,

I have the exact same problem on OnePlus 6T (OxygenOs). I have uninstall and reinstall the app like 5 times but the problem persists.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Erik

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

I have the exact same issue on Pixel 3 with the latest Android 9 update.

Any fix yet?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2019

Resetting the device worked. Thanks! 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2019

For more clarification for the others who have asked. To reset the device, I unplugged the case and stuck a safety pin in the hole. Then I plugged the case back in as well as the earbuds. Then I tried again and it worked. Reinstalling the app had not worked for me either. 

Highlighted

Hi cknd04, 

Thanks for posting and updating us with your issue. I am very happy to see that the steps listed above resolved your issue and appreciate you letting the community know. 

@Ischang can you please also attempt the steps in this thread and update us on the result of this. 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 1, 2019

I have a Samsung S10 and have just got a new Sleep Bud and installed app and gone to pair and on the first screen looking to pair with them app keeps crashing.

Have reinstalled app and reset phone a few times and also reset Bose SleepBud charging unit.

Why is this happening? How can I fix this? Quite annoying for an extremely expensive product.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hello @Orangewhgr and welcome to the Bose Community!

Thank you for trying the troubleshooting listed above, and i'm sorry to hear this did not resolve your issues. I would be happy to follow up!

Can I ask that you manually perform an update to your product through a computer/laptop? This can be done by connecting this directly via the cable and going to our Updater Website to update these.

Following these updates, if possible, can you pair these to another mobile device? If you are able to get the 2nd mobile device to work, please then choose to "Forget this device" from the Bluetooth settings of the second device, and attempt to pair these to the original again.

Please return to me to let me know how this goes!

Liam W 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 1, 2019

@Liam_W I did this and updated the software. They connected to the 2nd device (Samsung S9) fine. I then tried to connect them to my Samsung S10 and got the same issue. The Bose Sleep app opens for the first time, and then on the page where it shows Bose logo and "Searching nearby..." it stays on that page for 3-4 seconds, then the app crashes. Have installed and uninstalled and restarted phone many times now.