Highlighted
aglafavor
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 11, 2019

Bose sleepbuds not updating

I just purchased the sleepbuds a couple of days ago and when I opened the app, it said I had an update for the sleepbuds themselves.  I hit update and it churned for a while, and then said "No dice" and the update failed.  I have tried forgetting the sleepbuds in the app, unpairing them on my phone, resetting the charging case, and the checking to see whether the charging case is up to date (it is), and uninstalling and reinstalling the Bose Sleep app.  I have done pretty much everything that online forums suggested and am out of options.  Do I have a faulty unit or does anybody else have a suggestion?  I have a galaxy note 9 with android 9 on it and no software updates available.  

Andrew La Favor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bose sleepbuds not updating

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Hi Andrew La Favor, 

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the update. I would recommend trying a different device and downloading the application to try the update. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

10 REPLIES 10

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Hi Andrew La Favor, 

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the update. I would recommend trying a different device and downloading the application to try the update. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

banpainterman
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 30, 2019

I had this with my buds and Huawei phone, downloded app to a  old samsung  worked straight away.

Ferna
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

I have recently changed my sleepbuds since I got a message from Bose telling that the old one were showing problems with batteries.  When I got the new one I had problems in updating since cannot success and then cannot find the device. I  even installed again the app but always the same problem

Hi Ferna, 

Thanks for reaching out to us today and welcome to the Bose Community! I am deeply sorry to read that you are unable to update your new Sleepbuds and would love to assist you further with this. 

Firstly, I would recommend that you perform a product reset on the Sleepbuds, this can be performed by inserting a thin paper clip or pin into the hole on the back of the case near the USB connector. Press until you feel a click. Then please attempt to update the Sleepbuds via our Bose Online Updater rather than the Bose Sleep App, to update this Sleepbuds via our online updater you will need to connect the Sleepbuds to a PC and follow the steps that are listed. 

Please update us on the result of these steps and if any other users are experiencing a similar issue please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B  

Ferna
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

Hello

I have followed your instruction of resetting the sleepbuds by using a pin and then downloasd the bose ipdater from pc. I got success to download correctly but when I launch the app from my smarthpone it cannot find or recognize any sleepbuds..it says that cannot be found. At the beginning was requiring againg the upload but then started to find the sleepbuds without success. I use the same smartphone as before (samsung s9+) which perfectly worked before with the old sleepbuds. As I wrote before I had to change due to a battery problem but with the new ones the problem is even worst

What do you suggest me to do?

Thanks

Hello Ferna,

I'm sorry to hear about this issue. 

Do you have another device with the Bose Sleep app that you could test this with?

I would also recommend resetting the charging case again since updating the case. Then remove them from the case and search for them in the app again.

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Ferna
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

Hello again 

Unfortunately I do not have another device (smartphone) where I can test the sleepbuds; although I have reset again the box and I still have the same problem and when I launch the app it cannot find any sleepbuds

Do you have a tutorial video? I do not know what to do anymore

Thanks for your help

Fernando 

Hi Fernando,

Could you please confirm that you are using the Bose Sleep app? 

Here is a short guide on how to connect >> Using the Bose Sleep app

Let me know if you are still experiencing problems.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Ferna
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

Hello,

Yes, I do confirm that I use bose sleep app the same that I have  been always used 

Actually I have also tried to remove and download the app for 3 times just to be sure at 100%.

I still have the same problem

It seems that I have done all the  steps for a correct use but despite all this I am facing the same problem

Thanks again for your kindness and help

Regards 

Fernando