Luvnjpc
Participant
Registered since

Apr 2, 2021

Brand new Bose Sleepbuds II not charging at all

I bought the sleepbuds II yesterday and set them to charge right away. No charging lights appeared at any time. I reached out for support and was told I have a defective product. I returned to the place of purchase and exchanged for another set. I am having the same issue with this one and find no support. I “charged” this set for 12 hours and the case shows absolutely no charge (no lights) and I can’t get the buds to pair with the app. If I have to return this set as well, I really do not see trying again. Very disappointed  

4 REPLIES 4
Tegan_M

Re: Brand new Bose Sleepbuds II not charging at all

Hi Luvnjpc,

Welcome to the community, this is a very bizarre experience I would love to do what I can to help.

Have you tested an alternate power adaptor to your wall socket? Do ensure this is to the power requirement of 5 V UL-rated charger. 

When you plug in the Sleepbuds II for charging, do you get any LED status?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Luvnjpc
Participant
Registered since

Apr 2, 2021

Hi. Yes I’ve tried various sources for power and even tried another cable. No lights turn on at all. I even tried resetting the case and still had no luck. I was really looking forward to using these but I think I am giving up. 

Tegan_M

I am very sorry to hear this. 

Have you tried swapping out the charger adapter? The issue could lie with the source of power for charging the product.

If this persists, please contact your local Bose product support team for further assistance. Click this link > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

[Updated]

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Denziloshamen
Advisor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2017

Wow! Just terrible advice there from Bose once again (and they wonder why we have little patience or faith in any of their responses on here). You cannot update the product by plugging in to a computer by usb, it was beyond disrespectful of Bose to suggest to you that you could and shows they are not reading what we post or know anything about the product when they respond to us. 

My advice would have been that it could be the charger you’re using. USB-C to USB-C is the best way to ensure the correct amount of power is being sent. However, it sounds like you’ve tried a few different chargers, so have at least troubleshooted this solution. My second thought would indicate a bad batch sent to the retailer. For one to be faulty is unlucky, for two to have the same issue indicates either user error or the batch. If you’ve taken back to the retailer and they’ve replaced them, then it’s not unlikely their whole stock shipment is a dodgy batch from the factory. You either take back to the store and test the next replacement in the store to see if the charger lights up, if it does in store then doesn’t when you get home it’s user error (buy a new power delivery spec USB-C charger) if it doesn’t charge in the store then get a refund and buy from somewhere else so you reduce the risk of getting another set from that same bad batch.