Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 17, 2019

Charging problems and frustration

I want to share frustration and few thoughts about the things that I really can't understand. I am having charging issues – yes, that famous 58% on the right sleepbud for about 2 months and I've been checking this forum every single day with a hope that I would find some valuable information.
Instead, I am just seeing more and more reported issues and I really can't understand what is happening here.

Fact 1 - this is expensive product, not just some mishmash product from a Chinese shop, and from such product I would expect flawless performance, at least in this basic areas such as charging, durability etc.

Fact 2 - product was not defected from the beginning, I believe that no one reported these issues after first use so there must be something that is causing this defect later on and logical assumption is that this could be some software change, because hardware is the same as on day 1

Fact 3 - this is not some random issue, there are couple of different issues reported but majority of them are inability to charge one of the sleepbuds above 58% - and even if they manage to have 100%, it is obviously fake cause after short period it shows 58% again.
So it's not 50%, 37%, 73% - it is always 58%! Very indicative and reproducible every time! Really not sure what more information engineers from Bose need on this issue, there are bunch of screenshots and scenarios provided by customers here and they are all the same

Fact 4 - Not all customers are experiencing this issue... great! Then your observation should be even easier, you can compare all characteristics from both and declare very easy what has been an issue. In case it is something fixable - provide fix, otherwise provide announcement what has been a problem and offer some solution. It is hilarious that people are seeing this error on their 4th, 5th replacement - wondering if they should download latest updates or not, at moments it feels like some conspiracy theory by not having any valuable feedback on this for a months.

Fact 5 - Customer service is responsive etc. but yes - we know you are sorry to hear that we have this issue, and yes - we tried all troubleshooting, official and unofficial - cause we are not talking here about some fancy headphones and complaining about more bass or treble, believe me, when your sleep is ruined you are becoming an engineer in order to resolve this, I’ve read more about batteries last few months than ever in my life.

Product is great in its idea, and when it's working it is really life saver. But in reality it is unusable for lot of us and not that all of us have Bose store in our city so that we can change them on a daily/weekly basis until we find the right one (and for how long). I hate to say this, but it seems that only hope is that some another brand will provide similar product with all these issues addressed because Bose obviously has lot of other priorities than to fix this.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Charging problems and frustration

Hi Pancufer, 

Thanks for posting and providing us with this in-depth feedback. I can only apologize for the experience that you have had and appreciate that you have taken the time to post this and confirm that you have attempted all troubleshooting steps. 

I will be passing this feedback onto the relevant teams for you and would highly recommend that you get in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. Please do reach out to them so that they can look into this further and discuss possible options for you. 

I hope this helps and I am sorry that the troubleshooting steps did not resolve your issue. If any other community members have had this issue and found an alternate fix please do let us know so that others can use this method. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

HI All,

Since first post is sumarising all my frustration with this product I will add myself also to this. I live in Bosnia and Herzegovina and managed to buy sleepbuds in Serbia. Now 6 months after purchase and use when needed sleepbuds are showing same problems as with others.

Left bud not found

Right bud is charged only to 58% no matter what

Done all recomended troubleshooting - reset case, update case, reset bluetooth, reinstaled android app nothing helps.

Only manage to reconect left bud if place in right bud place and then it will not stay on longer than 5-10minutes. 

I'm out of options and I hvae no fancy support in my country so can you please recomend how to solve this problem and who can I contact for support since I bought my sleepbuds trough reseller?

Highlighted

Hi NedZe, 

Thank you for posting in the Bose Community. 

I completely understand how frustrating this may be. 

To confirm, have you used the contact information found here > Bosnia and Herzegovina Support ?

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.