Highlighted
waltham
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 11, 2019

Come on Bose, this community wants this product to work!

Nearly two months ago I became a first time Bose customer. While I've always heard great things about your products the price point was always prohibitive for me. After decades of having difficulty sleeping, I was determined to find a solution that did not involve medication or in my case surgery. When I discovered your Sleepbuds I believed I found the perfect product. I shuttered at the price but had confidence in your brand and believed it was a worthwhile investment in my health.

Like nearly everyone here I desperately want and need these to live up to the price and Bose reputation. What I see on this forum is amazing, nearly everyone is saying 'Fix it but don't make me go a night without them while you make it right!' there is a dedicated community here for this product but it's failed to meet brand expectations. Being a career professional in the Health technology market I know there is a huge market in 'Sleep' and for this product - Bose needs to continue to invest.

I have the same problems everyone has mentioned on this forum, plus others:

Left/Right bud fails to charge

Losing connection after minutes

Snooze button has never worked

58% (no need to say more)

Painful update/set-up process

5 days to download a new sound

Disappointment in roll-out of new masking sounds

Scratching pillow sounds

But when the product does work on occasion - we don't want to go a night without it.

Let us know what you are doing. Will there be a second version? What is the roadmap? Is Bose dedicated to this product?

While I zero affiliation or knowledge with your moderators they must be feeling the pain as well having little response beyond 'Reset' or 'Contact customer service'. We want the product to work; not another set sent to us that has the same issues.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Come on Bose, this community wants this product to work!

Hello waltham, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry that you are experiencing problems with your Noise-masking Sleepbuds. I can totally understand your frustrations and I hope I can help you with this matter. 

It seems that you have researched the Bose Community a bit and have most likely performed all the relevant troubleshooting steps. Please could you confirm if you have done the following:

• Updated charging case via btu.bose.com
  • Updated Sleepbuds in the Bose Sleep app
  • Reset the charging case by inserting a small pin/paper clip in to hole next to the charging port, until you feel a click.
  • Make sure there is no debris or wax buildup covering the charging contacts on the sleepbuds or the charging pins in the case. Clean the contacts by gently using a q-tip and isopropyl alcohol. This should only be applied to the metal contacts.

• Ensure the StayHear+ tips are installed correctly. If they are not, the battery contacts may not connect to charge. (See below) 

sleepbuds-tips-install.png

If you have performed all of the above, and are still encountering problems, then our Customer Service Center would in fact be the next best option. 

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Regarding the feedback relating to the new masking sounds and set-up process etc, I'd be happy to forward these comments over to our development team for them to consider and review.

I appreciate that you, and many other customers, are keen to see updates to the Noise-masking Sleepbuds, however, I do not have any information to pass along at this time. Please accept my apologies for this. 

If you do have any questions, let me know and I'd be more than happy to help.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

ace_v
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 22, 2019

I wholeheartedly agree with you, waltham! We all want this product to work, and it's maddening that there is no solution. I am behind Bose, but it's sad they are not giving us any updates on what the problem really is, nor are they giving any roadmap / plans to fix this issue, particularly on a product related to Health.

I find it ironic (and honestly a bit heartbreaking) that you mention the lack of a response from representatives aside from "reset" and "contact customer support"...and the first response you get from a mod is to "reset" the device and to contact customer support.

eznoh
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 1, 2018

I too really want the product to succeed, when it works it's great. I just returned my 5th pair, the little magnets needed to connect for charging keep coming off. I'm just wondering how long they can go without solving this issue. I sent details of how another company handles the problem. I wish someone from Bose would comment on how and if all these problems are being addressed.

Mike