Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 3, 2020

Continued Problems with Sleep Buds even after replacement

I have had the Bose Sleep Buds since Late 2018 at Christmas. I like them, but didn't even use them for the first year because they were virtually unusable. They essentially became earplugs. Charging issues, different speakers not working at same volume, etc. After a year, and researching online and trying different fixes, I contacted Bose customer service regarding the problems. I liked the product when it worked, so I didn't want a refund. Especially when Bose customer service offered to replace them. Which they did. I was surprised at their willingness to stand behind their product. They pretty much won me over.  

Unfortunately, after 4 months the product started having the same problems. Primarily one speaker working at significantly lower volume than the other. I again went through all the troubleshooting without success. Now I see they are coming out with a new version. I hate to buy them for fear I'll be stuck with another problem. I was told that my old sleep-buds would be under warranty and I could get a refund if they didn't work. 

Not sure what to do at this point. Try for another replacement, try to finally get a refund, or try and see if the problems were fixed in the new product. Unfortunately I guess they aren't out yet so there isn't any feedback. 

Any ideas? Should I just try for another replacement and hope for the best?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 11, 2019

Re: Continued Problems with Sleep Buds even after replacement

I actually called  with the original version of Sleep Buds that were having issues with batteries not charging and the like.  I was offered a replacement with the brand new Sleep Buds II model!  I just received them this afternoon and am going to try them out tonight.  I'm so excited to have them again after months of struggling to sleep with my snoring partner!  Can't wait to go to bed!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 3, 2020

Re: Continued Problems with Sleep Buds even after replacement

How long did it take you to receive your new sleep buds? Previously when I had a problem, they sent the new buds out to me without waiting for the other ones to come in.. I just talked to them yesterday and they're going to send me a new set, but they have to receive the old set first. That is different than last time. I didn't think much of it, until I received an email saying they'll be sending a new set after the old set is "validated" . Does that mean they have to reproduce the problem? Are they saying they don't trust me? They verified they received the old set when they replaced them the first time. And they didn't wait till the old ones came if before they sent the replacements either. Not sure I like they are handling it this time. Especially since I didn't ask for a refund initially when I could have. 

The biggest problem I had was volume being different than the left ear versus the right. I managed to reset it once, but haven't been able to fix it since it started again. 

Now if they fiddle with it and get it working, I'm still not going to be satisfied. Because I was able to do that too with limited results once. I'm going to be without the product for a month.