Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 14, 2020

Downgrade to previous firmware versions?

A couple of thoughts on Sleepbuds:

1) I really hope Bose releases a new version of this product.  I still use mine every night even though the right sleep bud never charges above 58% and only lasts a few hours.

2) Is there anyway to downgrade to a previous firmware version?  My wife and I both bought our Sleepbuds at the exact same time from the same place.  She uses hers every night.  She has never upgraded the firmware on the Sleepbuds or the charging case.  Hers charge to 100% every night.

I'd like to see if going back to the original firmware in the case and Sleepbuds would allow mine to fully charge again.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Downgrade to previous firmware versions?

Hey Magnum6,

Thanks for your post! It's great to see how impactful the Sleepbuds have been for you and your wife. 

Our team is dedicated to researching the future possibilities of the Sleepbuds but we do not have any information to give at this time.

Downgrading the firmware is not something that is available and it is not believed that the firmware is related to the battery issue so it's very unlikely that this would change anything. 

If you have any further questions, do feel free to get back to us.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 14, 2020

Re: Downgrade to previous firmware versions?

Have you tested the firmware theory, though? The only thing different about my wife's and mine is I upgraded firmware, she didn't.  We used them the same number of nights, charged them the same number of times. Yet I'm at the all too common 58% sticking point and she is not.  

With all of your users experiencing the same 58% issue, it's a systemic problem rather than environmental. If it were environmental, some would be at 40%, some at 80% - there would be gradients.  Everyone is at 58% - which means it's a systemic issue.  Systemic then means it's either hardware or software.  We have the exact same hardware.  We have two different sets of software.

I'm an electrical engineer as well.  This is how we solve problems.