Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 27, 2020

Enhancing some of the noise masking sounds request

Hello everyone!

So after having the sleepbuds 2 for some time, I should say, they are perfect for masking my neighbors rehearsing with their band downstairs when I am trying to sleep. I sleep early, so I only asked them not to use drums after 9-10pm. The bass drum of course cannot be masked since you feel it via your skin, but all middle-high freq noises blow away nicely. Out of all the masking sounds there are several, which are too obviously repetitive, where the loop become apparent really quickly and after that they become a bit useless. The Campfire is great, no complaints, Warm Static is great also, Rinse is great, waterfall is great. But alas, shower has an easily discernible pattern, which renders this, otherwise great sound annoying. Really upsetting, because the sound could be really great. Elements also has an obvious repetitive pattern especially at low frequencies. Bose guys, could I please request, in general, to make noisemasking sounds a bit less repetitive and a bit longer?

Thank you once again.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 11, 2019

Re: Enhancing some of the noise masking sounds request

I agree that some of the tracks are way too repetitive and they need to do better. I'm also having issues with altitude where you can hear a high pitch feedback coming and going every few seconds and circulate where the sound gets louder every few seconds. I can't even listen to these sounds because of it and I'm stuck with warm static .

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 27, 2020

Yeah, totally agree. The Bose people should also consider the fact, that many of the users, who need Sleepbuds need them EXACTLY because they have their ears on the sensitive side. So even more care is needed in terms of apparent loop repetitiveness. 

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Sep 18, 2017

So good that you have pointed this out, I have raised this directly with Bose and made this exact point to them. The very people who need these pick up sounds from neighbours, the heating pipes, street noise, people sleeping and general noises. I suffer severely from picking up on repetitive sounds during the night and fixate on the sound, becoming anxious and even sick to the stomach waiting for the next repetition. The same thing happens with many of the sounds with Sleepbuds 2, so much that I’m limited to just a couple of sounds I can use, which quite frankly isn’t good enough for something I’ve spent £230. To be at the sole mercy of Bose to support this product and care about the users is a concern, because they do not have the best track record. I have said to Bose, that for many of us, this is a medical grade device that reduces stress, anxiety and helps us sleep and therefore live an energised life the following day. Bose have advised they have no plans to improve the sounds as they do not receive enough feedback from users advising there is anything wrong with them. They have said they do read this thread though and will monitor closely to see if enough users raise similar issues and requests. Loads of us have said the sounds are too short and repetitive, even with the first generation, so it’s strange to have them say there is little feedback. The only thing we can all do is to keep posting our feedback and to also provide suggestions for solutions. Fingers crossed Bose will take us seriously and understand their users well-being hangs in the balance by how well they respond and improve the Sleepbuds for us. They are far from perfect for a £230 purchase, I’m currently learning to live with them rather than loving them. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 27, 2020

There are a number of reviews on Google Play, which also complain about repetitiveness of some noise masking sounds. So apparently the body of such feedback is rather beefy. Hopefully Bose guys will hear us. Besides, being a musician myself, I see no major difficulty in making a certain sound loop longer and smoother. It is like baking a cake: no matter if you makes a large cake, or a half-size cake, basically it takes the same amount of time to mix and measure all the ingredients and then wait by the oven 🙂 So it cannot be an expensive/super-difficult/long-time-consuming task to do.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Sep 18, 2017

They will argue that they cannot change them because you can only load a certain number of files due to memory limitations. I think you’ve already seen my suggestion to provide us with a ‘sounds studio’ to allow us to pick between short, medium or long loops. One long loop might well take up half the memory, only allowing us to have a couple loaded, but that’s our choice as users, just let us pick instead of forcing us to use just short repetitive loops. I’d rather have two decent length loops on my buds than ten, eight of which I can’t use because they’re too repetitive and I pick up on sounds looping. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 27, 2020

Exactly. Can't agree more.