coug81
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 23, 2018

False Alarms

Recently (since the last update), I've been getting false alarms on a weekly basis - but different times/different nights. I have a single alarm time set up for 5:10am that I turn on/off every day. The false alarms are usually happening at night between 11pm and 1:30am - never on the same day of the week. I've deleted and recreated the 5:10am alarm and made sure there aren't any other apps that have alarms/notifications set on the phone (Samsung Galaxy 7). Don't enjoy being waken during the night for false alarms. 🙂 Thoughts?

13 REPLIES 13

Re: False Alarms

Hi Coug81, 

Thanks for your post. I am very sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Sleepbuds, however I would love to help. 

Have you tried deleting and re-installing the app? 

I would also recommend performing a product reset on the Sleepbuds, you can do this by clicking this link.

Hope this helps, 

Kind Regards,

Hector B - Community Support.

coug81
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 23, 2018

So I did a charging case reset and an app upload/reload on to my phone, per the suggestion, and I still got a false alarm last night. Very irritating. Is there anything else I can do to fix this problem?

Thanks

We are sorry to hear the issue still persist. I would recommend deleting the alarm off your device and also the Sleepbuds and reset them again.

Please test this and let us know how you get on.

Kind regards

Prince O

Baverick
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 17, 2019

I have the exact problem. I had my first earbuds replaced because of it. Now, my second pair randomly went off at 2:20AM. Defeats the whole purpose. I had reinstalled and removed alarms several times from first pair with no success. Second pair is brand new, runs on a fresh software install, and yet same problem. No alarms exist on earbuds but 6:20AM. Please, HELP!
Baverick
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 17, 2019

I should mention that my phone is a Galaxy s8+.
Community Manager

Hi Baverick,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing a similar issue. 

Have you tested using an alternate device to connect the Sleepbuds to, such as a mobile phone or tablet? I'd be interested to know if the issue is specific to the application running on certain devices/operating systems, or instead with the physical Sleepbuds themselves.

Kindest, 

Andy B

coug81
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 23, 2018

I think I may have resolved my issue. Previously, per suggestion from Bose support, I had reset the case and reloaded the application on my phone - which didn't solve the issue. A week or so ago, I completely let the sleepbuds discharge and then recharged them. So far, I haven't had any more false alarms. Will post if they occur again.

Baverick
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 17, 2019

Wow, completely forgot I posted this. Just searched the web for solutions to the same problem, and this came up. So, i was awakened at 2:30 last night for no reason. This is my second pair of buds to exhibit the same behavior. There is no 2:30 alarm set on my phone. I have not tried buds with software installed on a diffferent device; i have no other device. There are enough people complaining about this ... has Bose found the problem?

Thx

Hello Baverick,

Thank you for reaching out today.

I am so sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Sleepbuds alarms functioning unexpectedly. Please, could you try the following steps to resolve your issue and let me know how you get on:

• Update the charging case by going to btu.bose.com and checking that the charging cases software is up to date.
  • Go into your Sleepbuds app and ensure your Sleepbuds are running on the latest software this can be found under details, they should be running 7.0.2.0. 
  • Reset the charging case. To reset the charging case, insert a thin paper clip or pin into the hole on the back of the case near the USB connector. Press until you feel a click.

Let me know how you get on!

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W