Denziloshamen
Advisor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2017

Firmware Update - Why do Bose not communicate with us?

If anyone needed any evidence that Bose do effectively abandon their customers and not care about communication through this forum, last night my sleepbuds had a surprise firmware update just as I was going to bed. Why is that a bad thing you ask? Because Bose have decided, so far, to make absolutely no mention of it on this forum. This is supposedly our only way to communicate with Bose regarding the Sleepbuds and they have not used this platform to advise us in advance of a firmware update! We should all be very concerned about this as it does not reflect well on their opinion of their customers. 

The last time a firmware update was due, we were told about it by a post on here. This time we get absolutely nothing. I have no idea what the update does. For all I know it could have made them worse and unusable for me. We should be provided with the reason for the update and what it does in advance of it being forced on us. 

The other issue with the lack of communication is that the update was sprung on me just as I was relaxed and set for bed, but the sudden need for the update meant I had to delay going to bed for ten minutes while having to look at my phone to see if the update was completed. Bose really don’t seem to understand the importance of a sleep routine it seems (or the importance of trying to sleep with their sleep sounds having short detectable loops and random noises that make using sleepbuds worse than trying to sleep without them). 

As far as I can see, there has been no app update. However, a few days ago Bose did post on Facebook saying to download the latest app update to get a whole new range of sleep sounds (taking the number available to over 50). Of course, there was no app update available, no new sounds and the post on Facebook got removed pretty soon after. So we’re probably due an app update very soon, but once again, have Bose bothered to communicate with us about it? Ask us what we think? Have they actually implemented any of the improvement requests made on hear and addressed the regular issues we have raised on here? We just don’t know as they won’t tell us? I’m going to hazard a guess and say they haven’t. If they’re adding more sounds and they think that’s what’s needed rather than resolving the existing short sounds and limitations of the hardware they have imposed ( can’t delete sounds easily, can’t have longer sounds loaded instead of ten short sounds, 8 of which you will never use!!). 

So if you’re reading this Bose and the Sleepbuds team, please be aware that you have eroded the trust of your customers enough already by selling an imperfect yet expensive product only really limited by its software, to then treat us all with the utter contempt that you do and only front this forum with mods that are not allowed to offer any form of proper engagement other than “reset the case” and “I’ll certainly raise that with the development team”. You can resolve this Bose, by just starting to be open and honest with us all. Tell us what’s going on, communicate your development/update path for the Sleepbuds. Actively engage with us and set up a Sleepbuds clinic/beta forum so that we can actually engage with the Sleepbuds development team to try and improve the Sleepbuds with you. Please don’t carry on blocking us out Bose, it’s rude and disrespectful to treat customers in this way. 

2 REPLIES 2
Tegan_M

Re: Firmware Update - Why do Bose not communicate with us?

Hi Denziloshamen,

Thanks for writing in.

Sorry to hear of your concerns, Google Play store updates for Android devices delivers updates incrementally, meaning they roll out in sections. In addition, the app update was not released until today. You can find our Firmware announcement thread HERE. 

Are you having any particular issues you would like us to help you with regarding your Sleepbuds II? Are you facing any concerns since receiving this update?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Denziloshamen
Advisor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2017

Re: Firmware Update - Why do Bose not communicate with us?

Can you please advise why you are asking me if I have any specific issues? This is completely disrespectful to myself and everyone else on here who has posted thread and comment after comment for the past four months. You have pretty much just admitted that you and no one else is actually reading through and recording our feedback. 

If I wasn’t outside of the 90 day return window, your response would have convinced me to return the Sleepbuds in disgust due to the sheer lack of attention you give to the comments your customers are actually making here.