Getting to Sleep - Desperate

Silent Starter

Getting to Sleep - Desperate

My prolem is getting to sleep.  I am a widow caring for my developmentally challenged sister.  Sometimes talking to herself, rambling around, etc, is a problem.  However, real problem is no matter how tired or sleepy I am as soon as my head hits pillow I am wide awake.  Even with Xanax, Gabapentin and Tylenol, yes taken all together, it still can take me hours to get to sleep; sometimes not until 4:00 or 5:00 p.m.  Read good number of reviews yet all related to noise, husband/wife snoring, thin walls, etc.

Will greatly appreciate comments on if this helps one to get to sleep.

Thanking you in advance and with much appreciation.

5 REPLIES
Quiet Contributor

Re: Getting to Sleep - Desperate

From someone who has been there: You said it yourself: "...the real problem is no matter how tired or sleepy I am as soon as my head hits pillow I am wide awake." This sounds like an issue best addressed between you and your physician and beyond the scope of this forum.

That said, if you have found that listening to a fan helps you sleep and that you find that you are getting disturbed by noises, the sleepbuds may worth a try.

Best of luck.

Friendly Fanatic

Hi

I have been using these buds for around a month or two now. (not continuosly though).

To your question : <Will greatly appreciate comments on if this helps one to get to sleep.>

No, it does not ( at least to me).

It's not a Magic bullet.

However there are others here on the forum who will fight it out that they can...but then at the end of the day its all individual stuff.

You mentioned: <  Even with Xanax, Gabapentin and Tylenol, yes taken all together,>

well...if that doesnt put you to sleep ( I dont even know what these are ...assuming sleep inducers), I dont think the buds are anywhere there to beat the sleep inducers.

For me , no it doesnt help in sleeping . I also notice that there is a hum during the day in my ears because of the buds. (I use it on less volume ).

In fact I have moved over to use foam earplugs etc when I need to block noises. . The Buds are now lying around in 1 corner of my room, maybe to be picked up again in some remote future .

My 2 cents

Friendly Fanatic

Although I have experienced similar there are obviously many many variables in not getting to sleep. But for what it's worth, when I put my Sleepbuds in they really do resolve my noise anxiety and do exactly what they claim to do.
Friendly Fanatic

All I can say is that they've worked for me and have been effective in blocking various annoying sounds while traveling. They are worth a try.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic

I think you have said it all :  various annoying sounds while traveling

I have saved up mine for that purpose now.