High pitch sound problem

Audible Advocate

Re: High pitch sound problem

I should add that I purchased these end of October, so I did not own them when first released. I remember this being an issue for quite some time, if not the whole time. I am wondering what update caused this! 

khe
Audible Advocate

hello,

I am not hearing a high pitch sound but instead, I hear singing, very softly, women voices, for all sounds except "circulate".  this is very distressing because my ears have adjusted to the singing almost exclusively, i.e. not hearing the wonderful nature sounds.  I am curious if anyone has experienced this?  thank you

Friendly Fanatic

Hello Joel,

Unfortunately the telephone hotline again wants me to exchange the buds. This is what the people do all the time with no effect. Please offer another solution. This is hilarious.
Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer

Was told the same.

Exchange. Inconvenience and a 2 week wait with no guarantee a replacement will be any different. (I now have the dreaded charging issues too.)

Please contact Bose management for an official response for us all.
Audible Advocate

It is really annoying! the high pitching sound as well as the missing response when sending emails to bose support.

Sleepbuds are my second bose product after the quiet comfort but my enthusiasm fades to disappointment.

Audible Advocate

Guys I have been playing with the buds trying to figure out why this is happening. If it hasn't appeared till the update allowing to upload new sounds it's most likely an software issue. The chirping sounds like some interference.
I tried many scenarios, deleted all the tracks from the buds and nothing was working but then I noticed that the chirping stopped when I was uploading a new sound. Right when I hit the cancel button the chirping appeared again. It works like this every time. Please try if this works on your units. If the answer is yes then bose needs to figure it out quickly and get us an update, because the chirping makes the buds useless.

Hi all,

I just wanted to jump in here and provide some troubleshooting steps that might help. 

If you try these steps and you are still having issues with your sleepbuds, we would recommend reaching out to your local Sleepbuds support team for help. Here is a link you can use. Click on your region. Scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Vocal Volunteer

Hi Tony.

I think it's safe to say we've done all that. Many times.

Joel said "We do have a resolution for the high-pitched chirping noises" - What is the resolution? Especially if one has already exchanged six pairs?

Also as previously requested please contact Bose management now and request an official response to the widespread issues being experienced.

(I am not waiting for 20-30 mins on the phone to request a replacement which will then take 2 weeks and probably not work.)

Thanks

Audible Advocate

Hi everyone!

I'm on my 4th RMA (I think...I started losing track) due to high pitch noises.  The noises appear to start after 1-2 months and are between 15-20kHz (that's the maximum my phones mic can detect).  Last I checked, the frequencies were a bit different between the left and right ear (maybe because I sleep on one side more than another?).   All that said, I'm pretty sure no one else in my extended family, aside from my son and brother, would be able to hear noises that high.

I started noticing noises again a few days ago.  This time I tried storing the sleepbuds in dessicant (in case h2o infiltration was causing problems).  My theory was that maaaaybe humidity is "getting into" the filtering "part" (MEMS failure in capacitors, oscillator, inductor???) of the circuit and that I should try storing everything for a long time in heated dry environment.  Maybe apply a vacuum?

I found out.....nothing.  That's because the non-distracted part of my brain kicked in and told me to call Bose before I started getting ever so slightly distracted :-).

The guy I spoke to implied it was a manufacturing issue and they now have a new batch that should be fixed.  They'll try to send me a new pair from that batch.

Audible Advocate

@Tony_G I don't want to spread mis-information.  Can you please validate/cross-check/in-validate/etc. my above comments about a new "fixed" batch that exists?  Thanks! -ej