High-pitched chirping, clicking or ticking sound in one or both ears

SOLVED
Highlighted
Audible Advocate

High-pitched chirping, clicking or ticking sound in one or both ears

I picked up my sleepbuds today, but in one earphone there is a constant high pitched beeping sound (multiple times per second). I was concerned it might be my hearing, but only one headphone does it, and moving it to my other ear makes the same sound.

Any suggestions on what I could try, or will this be a case of RMA?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: High-pitched chirping, clicking or ticking sound in one or both ears

Hello all,

We appreciate everyone for writing in. We hear your concerns and are sorry to hear about the experience you are having. Some of you have reported hearing a high-pitched noise which is not normal behavior of the Sleepbuds. We want these to work for you and most importantly, help you get some rest. We kindly recommend that the following troubleshooting steps are performed to see if it will help:

Verify that the charging case is up-to-date by visiting btu.bose.com on a computer. Instructions on how to do that will be on site. 

Try resetting the charging case by inserting a thin paper inside the hole located on the back of the case until a click is heard. 

Double check that the Sleepbud firmware is up to date with the latest version (6.0.4.0). When the Sleepbuds are recognized in the app, please tap the gear icon and select “Product info.”

Try removing and reinstalling the Bose Sleep app on the device being used.

We have warranty options available should your Sleepbuds require service. For those of you still experiencing this issue, we recommend that you contact our service team in your region who can help you get back up and running again. 

Contact information can be found here. Please select your region and scroll down to where you see "contact us." 

Thank you again,

Mohsin 

99 REPLIES

Re: High pitched beeping in one ear

Hello there, Donutsoft, 

Welcome and thank you for reaching out to the community. Sorry to hear about the trouble you are running into, especially so soon!

Can you check that the Sleepbuds are updated? Also, try placing them back into the case and re-connect them to the app. 

If you are still experiencing this issue, at this point, I encourage you to contact the Sleepbuds Support Team for further assistance. They will work with you to discuss your service options. 

Contact information: (800) 905-1273.

Let us know how everything goes for you.

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support

Silent Starter

Hello.

Curious to know if you found a solution.  I experienced the same issue with my sleepbuds last night for the first time.

Thanks!

Audible Advocate

I’ve had this same problem! I’m on my second pair of sleepbuds, and I’ve had the same issue with both pairs: a high-pitched beeping (sometimes, it sounds like a clicking) in the right earbud. The noise seems to begin as soon as I pair the sleepbuds to a device. I’ve paired them to my Moto G4 phone and iPad Pro tablet. I’ve tried updating the software and resetting the charging case. Has anyone found a solution to this?

Hello violaninja, 

Thank you for writing in and sorry to hear about your experience, especially since you have already replaced it once. I recommend that you reach out to our Sleepbuds Support team so we can take a closer look.

Thank you again,

Mohsin

Silent Starter

I had the same issue.. TWICE. I bought my first pair of sleepbuds and had to return them within 3-4 days because the electronic beeping/crackling noise was unbearable. My second pair worked for about a week and now I'm hearing the same beeping/crackling noise. I've troubledshooted everything so far. It looks like I have to return this pair too. 

Hi btharals

I am so sorry to hear that. I can see how that would be frustrating. I would contact your sleepbuds team for assistance. They will work with you to remedy the situation.

Regards,

Tony G

Quiet Contributor

I have this same problem. Hopefully a software update can fix it

@sam123 We are sorry to hear that about your Sleepbuds. We encourage you to contact our Sleepbuds Support team directly so we may capture device logs and document the random sounds you are encountering.

Thank you,

Mohsin 

Quiet Contributor

Same problem here. The rattling noise makes the sleepbud totally unusable. Went to the store to change a new pair today, but the problem persisted. I would like to know if that is a software issue or a hardware one. If it is fixable via software update, I will keep the sleepbud. If not, I will return it immediately.