Highlighted
Williamshi
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 20, 2019

I can’t believe Bose is still doing nothing about the 58% charging issue with the sleep buds.

I bought two pairs of the sleep buds. Now they both have the issue: 58% for one left and the other right. 

ALL methods from the website or the customer support DOES NOT work. Eventually they will ask you to exchange for a new pair, but it will happen again since it’s totally an inevitable bug. 

Not update, either the case or the app or the firmware, solved the problem. And it’s been almost a year. Not to mention the STUPID 60% battery update rule while the bug causes only 58% battery.  You can see clearly from this how careless they are. I don’t know what kind of engineers Bose hired or what amount of budget they put on solving bugs. Apperantly less than a 1% of their aggressive marketing campaigns. 

I will expose the ridiculous fact behind this “revolutionary product” to a tech journalist or even a collective lawsuit. Maybe only a 5% drop on share price can wake them up. 

1 REPLY 1
alphalog
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 18, 2019

Re: I can’t believe Bose is still doing nothing about the 58% charging issue with the sleep buds.

I personally think it's a hardware defect (and maybe a sofware defect as well) that they can't fix for some reason.  Like you said, it's been a year+;  after the first 500 returns, their engineering dept should have figured out the issue by now.  One of the past firmware/software updates were supposed to fix charging issues (but didn't really work).  I'm now waiting for my 4th replacement to arrive... What I find funny is that customer support (on this website and their phone support) act surprised like this is the first time they've heard of it.

Silver lining is that I now have the 58% charging issue; in the past it only charged up to around 20% and with enough manual work, it would charge up to 48% ... making it more difficult to last through a full night's sleep.