Highlighted
Cured insomniac
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 31, 2019

I would appreciate input from Bose - CS Belgium not helpful - replacement buds/new battery promise

Hi, Having been told how to identify, by US CS, the date the sleep buds were manufactured (digit after Z in serial number is the last number of the year, following three digits how many days into the year the device manufactured  - google calculator gives you the date) I'd really appreciate knowing the following:

From what date were the newest batteries being used?

How can be be sure your promise that replacement buds now needed will have the newer battery?

I wrote a mail to Belgian CS to ask them to confirm they would be replacing mine with the improved battery ten days ago, no reply at all. The three replacement pairs I have had since the start of this year were all made in 2018. Do we in Europe have access to the same stock given that they are prob selling more slowly here?

It's frustrating not knowing if we are getting the same service here as in the 'States and I would really appreciate some reassurance and an indication of what to date to look for in the serial number. The promise re improved batteries in all replacements was made on the Bose Belgium site too - but no confirmation from CS here.

Anyone any idea how I can reach out to Bose to check?

Thanks chaps and have a good one

3 REPLIES 3
Alyunna
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 26, 2019

Re: I would appreciate input from Bose - CS Belgium not helpful - replacement buds/new battery promi

Hello! Did you get any reply from CS?

I am in Netherlands and they have common CS for Belgium and Netherlands. No reply for 2 weeks. 

I exchanged sleepbuds in August with them and it was supersmooth and easy. May be they closed the CS? 

May be you know any other CS I can call? 

Thank you. 

Cured insomniac
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 31, 2019

Re: I would appreciate input from Bose - CS Belgium not helpful - replacement buds/new battery promi

Hi, thanks for replying. I have made contact with CS by phone and by mail in order to arrange the return of my current, faulty buds. My prob is that no one can confirm that I will indeed, as promised in the Bose announcements, receive a replacement pair with the improved batteries.

I have just sent them back this afternoon and I have no real expectation of receiving a newer pair. My last replacement was in August and at that point, as with the other two pairs I received this year, they were made in 2018.

No one can tell me what date to look out of as being when the new batteries started to be used, or if they will honour that promise. So, to answer you, CS is out there, but ignoring my request for clarification.

Cured insomniac
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 31, 2019

Just to say I did get a replacement pair made very recently - green sticker on the box, first time I've seen that.

Three different serial numbers - weirdly. One on the box for the packaging, one on the charger and one for the buds themselves you can see in the app. There's a thread explaining that somewhere, but basically, don't be surprised if the number on the charger isn't the same as on the packaging.

Now just have to hope they fix the reason for the sound library crashing in iOS 13.2.3 before you can load anything. At the moment I have just received a very expensive pair of ear plugs..... with an improved battery but no sounds....