Is the warranty for sleepbuds international?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Is the warranty for sleepbuds international?

Hello,

I bought my Bose Sleepbuds from Norway. I got them replaced once in Norway but now I live in Bulgaria and my second pair are also defective. I read on Bose.com that the warranty is international. Can you tell me if the warranty is international? Will the Bose service center in Bulgaria repair or replace them free of any charge? I found the Bose service center for Bulgaria on your website but both of their phone numbers are invalid. Do you have a service center in Bulgaria? 

Best regards,
Lubo
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Is the warranty for sleepbuds international?

Hi there @Lubo and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you're continuing to have issues with your Sleepbuds and would be happy to advise here.

We can confirm that while we have a large Global coverage for warranty, the specific availability and terms will vary between different regions. Warranties are typically validated and redeemed against that of your current location. For example, a product purchased from the US, but based in the UK would typically be subject to the UK warranty.

For you specifically, the warranty would, therefore, be bound to the service in Bulgaria. If you've been unable to reach this center via the phone, I would advise that you email them instead. This would be: info@bose-center-sofia.com

Please let me know if you have any questions or updates here!

Liam W - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Hi Liam,

Thank you for your answer. I went to the Bose Service Center in Bulgaria (65 Cherni Vrah Blvd, Sofia , 1407, Bulgaria) but they told me that they could not fix or replace my sleepbuds because I have bought them from Elkjøp (https://www.elkjop.no/) in Norway and not from Bulgaria. They told me that the only thing they could was to charge me 1/3 of the price of a new pair of Bose sleepbuds and deliver them to Elkjøp in Norway. This does not sound like an international warranty. I have also talked with Elkjøp when my first pair was defective and they told me that, if they get replaced, they cannot deliver the new pair to a foreign country even if I paid for the delivery and other expenses. I think that the service center in Bulgaria is supposed to fix or replace my sleepbuds without charging me anything but they insist they cannot do that.  I think they are wrong. Do you know if the service center in Bulgaria is supposed to fix or replace them without charging me anything?

Best regards,
Lubo

Hi Lubo, 

Thanks for posting and reaching back out to us today. 

We can't comment on other regions exchange/repair policies as each region has a different policy. However the team from Bulgaria should be able to assist you with this. 

Please do reach back out to the team again and see what they can do for you. If they still refuse to help please do reach back out to us via direct message and we can look into this further for you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Quiet Contributor

Hello,

I called the Bose Service Center in Bulgaria (65 Cherni Vrah Blvd, Sofia , 1407, Bulgaria). The person on the phone told me he was not sure they can repair or replace my sleepbuds because they were bought from Norway and told me to send them an email. I sent them an email about three days ago (on Monday) and I gave them the link to this post. The Bose Service Center in Bulgaria still have not replied to my email and I do not think they intend to reply. I am unable to contact you by the chat because I see "Agent not available". What do you suggest that I do? 

Best regards,

Lubo

Hi again @Lubo and thanks for getting back to us.

While I cannot be of any further assistance regarding service through the Community Forums, as this is intended for assisting users with troubleshooting and information rather than service, I can advise that you reach back out to this support centre via the phone to confirm that they have received your email.

Please follow up with them when this is possible.

I apologise that I cannot provide any more advice than this.

Liam W

Quiet Contributor

Hello,

I cannot contact you via chat and I see: Agent not available. I went again to this service center on the 2nd of August and they took my sleepbuds. However, after 31 days on 2nd September, they still had not fixed or replaced them. So I got my defective sleepbuds back. This service center clearly refuses to service my sleepbuds probably because I do not want to give them a tip of 1/3 of the price of a new pair of sleepbuds. What do you suggest that I do?

Best regards,

Lubo