Highlighted
ace_v
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 22, 2019

Is there a way to contact Bose engineers?

Getting help for this product battery defect has completely turned me off from Bose, as obviously there aren't actually any developers/engineers on this forum that can really help. Likely just an outsourced support team reciting the same canned response. Contacting customer support is leading to the same thing, just people handling stock and shipping, and nobody there who can actually fix the problem.

I really wish there was a way to directly contact Bose themselves or let them know of this problem, and not their supply chain. Enough of the hot potato way of handling this obvious engineering issue.

I feel this whole situation is completely unfair both to the aggrieved customers as well as the support staff on this forum who are forced to deal with an issue they are not able to effectively respond to. You don't deserve this stress, and we don't deserve such faulty product from a premium brand. Can we please find a way to contact Bose directly?

10 REPLIES 10
eznoh
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 1, 2018

Re: Is there a way to contact Bose engineers?

The same for the little magnets coming off which has happened to me 4 times. I posted a solution but never heard back. I'd just really like to know if Bose is planning on continuing this product??

Mike

pfile
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

one possible scenario is that there *are* no bose engineers. everyone working on this product may have quit or have been laid off, or... you name it.

why was this even done via indigogo? seems strange that a corporation as large as bose needs to crowdfund a project. the rationale given at the below link seems kind of like a stretch. at any rate the names of the people on the original team are at this link, perhaps someone with a LinkedIn account can figure out if these people still work for bose:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/bose-noise-masking-sleepbuds-sold-out#/

upon reading further down that page, it does look like this may have been a startup that was aquired by bose at some point. in which case if bose mis-structured the aquisition it is certainly possible that none of these people are still working at bose. 

Community Manager

Hey ace_v,

Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear that you're having difficulties with your Sleepbuds. To clarify, what exact issues are you currently experiencing?

While we appreciate your frustrations, I'd like to remind you of the purpose of our Community forums - a peer-to-peer support outlet for troubleshooting support. If you require any physical assistance with servicing your product or would like to discuss your concerns in-person, please reach out to support in your region directly via our Global website HERE. We'd love to do everything that we can to make things right for you. Our development team and engineers do not actively participate in our Community, but customer feedback is directly reviewed by our product teams to inform decisions on product features and improvement and we always thank our users for taking the time to post their contributions.

@eznoh, I'm sorry to hear that you experienced physical damage to your Sleepbuds. I can only encourage you to reach out to support in your region directly to discuss this.

@pfile, that simply isn't the case. We continue to stand by our products, and actively work supporting and developing our Sleepbuds. By offering a limited number of units through Indiegogo prior to our general release, we looked for active customer support in improving the product, with feedback helping us refine the Sleepbuds prior to a worldwide release. 

If you're experiencing charging issues, you'll find a useful thread with troubleshooting suggestions HERE.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Kindest,

Andy B - Community Support

pfile
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

i think you are in month 3 now of this 58% problem. there are people here that have had 5 or 6 replacement pairs. given this, you'll forgive us for wondering just what the heck is going on. would apple or google have an apparent hardware/firmware bug outstanding for 3 months and keep asking their customers to reset their devices? something doesn't make sense. either the hardware is hopelessly buggy and can not be fixed with a firmware patch, or no one is actually looking at this, because 3 months is an eternity in the world of electronics. 

eznoh
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 1, 2018

@Andy_B wrote:

@eznoh, I'm sorry to hear that you experienced physical damage to your Sleepbuds. I can only encourage you to reach out to support in your region directly to discuss this.

I have and they just suggest exchanging for a new pair which I've done 5 times. I'm just really curious if there will be an enhanced version of the product??

Community Manager

Hey,

While I appreciate your frustrations, I again can only invite you to reach out to local support in your region to discuss any concerns that you may have directly. If you'd like to discuss further with other users in the Community forums with your own troubleshooting suggestions, feel free to participate in the thread HERE.

Kindest,

Andy B

ace_v
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 22, 2019

Hi, Andy_B,

I appreciate that you appreciate my frustration, but please understand that we users are beginning to feel slighted by Bose.

My issue (which I've posted several times) is the common issue with most (if not all) of the topics on this forum: the 58% battery issue which renders the product ineffective (unless you only sleep 5 hours a night). I have done all the suggested fixes--updates, resetting, contacting customer support--but none have given me any actual solution other than to ask for a replacement, which is equally buggy as other people here have attested.

The customer support link that you provided gives the same answer: try resetting, or return for a replacement (which is equally buggy).

Judging from the posts here, this issue has been going on for several months now, so I am wondering when your product team will actually respond with an answer besides "try resetting" or "return for a replacement".

I am beginning to feel that Bose is leaving the solution-finding to its customers, because as you yourself have said, this is merely a peer-to-peer support outlet. Where else may we find a solution?

ace_v
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 22, 2019

I'm a bit saddened that my request for alternative solutions (aside from reseting and having the unit replaced via customer support) has gone unanswered.

MistyStar
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

I agree with this completely. Something needs to happen to actually solve the issue..