Just fed up of persistent problems

Friendly Fanatic

Just fed up of persistent problems

Yes when they work, they work great.

But im just so tired of repeated issues, which clearly are common and reported by vast amount of users reporting the same things, including:

- buds will not connect to app (workaround turn on/off bluetooth, close/reopen app, sometimes even need to restart the phone)

- one of the buds not actually charging, despite being in the case all day and reaching the non-ebbing LED state.  either being at 0% when I take it out and not working at all OR reporting 100% but running out or charge some hours later (while im sleeping)

- yes, I have reset the case many times

- and yes I have tried to update the case, but the bose updater wont even open on OSX Mojave

Its just not good enough for an expensive, supposed premium product from a premium brand.  The guys who did the acoustic research and design did a great job.  The guys who built and coded the hardware - you suck.  The same reporst are all over the internet.  They just dont work properly.  Clearly this is something Bose just wants to ignore and hopes will go away and I suspect they are making silent fixes to new production runs and those of us who invested early are just stuck with these issues.  Right? 

Well I after 6 months of fiddling around I am just fed up.

13 REPLIES 13
Vocal Volunteer

Re: Just fed up of persistent problems

Agreed.

Hi jameswh77,

Thanks for posting. I would recommend contacting your local sleepbuds support team for assistance.  Here is the contact information: (800) 905-1273 (Mon-Sat 9 am-midnight, ET).

Regards,

Tony G

Audible Advocate

I feel the same way as 'Silent Starter' - fed up!. Two replacements and the problems continue - unexpected pings, one bud doesn't charge beyond 48%, cannot connect to App and, yes, I've jumped through all the hoops in trying to solve the problems. The only reason I haven't been stronger in my condemnation of this product is Bose's Bertrand Goemaere, who has been terrific.

Friendly Fanatic

I took it back to a Bose store in Tokyo.  They said they would send off for repairs and it would take 2 weeks, so I complained and said that this is an expensive premium product from a supposed premuim brand and I do not have more time to waste messing around.  They gave me a replacement, which is now working fine.

It seems to be a slightly updated model, certainly the volume scaling is a bit different and the bottom of the charger unit looks different.  So I just hope Bose have fixed all the hardware / connection / battery problems.

But given what I have read online from other users over-and-over again, I won't be surprised if in 3 months I find myself in the same situation.  Theres clearly been a massive f*** up somewhere, I just hope they have fixed it.

If another comparable product comes on the market I wont hesitate to switch and I certainly won't ever buy from Bose again.

Audible Advocate

Agreed. I’m on my second set of Sleepbuds and now these have failed too. Going on a trip soon with a snoring husband and these are the only things that keep my sanity. Same problem both times - case gets the 3 LEDs and no amount of resetting it, rebooting phone, or trying the other stuff will solve it and the buds won’t connect to the app. Prior to the complete failure I have to reset the case at least once a week. For the price of these it’s incredibly disappointing how unstable they are.
Friendly Fanatic

So last night the left earbud ran out of battery after about 5 hours.  I am certain it was in charger all day yesterday, because out of habit now, I tend to take out and put back in charger once a day, paranoid of charging fail due to connector misalingment (even though lights were flashing)

So here we go again.  This is just bull**bleep** to be honest.

Same as how it started last time.  With the old set, sometimes randomly not charging or running out after a few hours, increasing in frequency, until it happened every day.

Vocal Volunteer

So what do people do now? When support have no other solution and there's no refunds??

Friendly Fanatic

This second set is now **bleep**ed. 

For the second night in a row, left bud died early.  Thankfully after 7 hours this time, so I could get a decent sleep, but clearly this pair are also faulty.  I only got the replacement 1 month ago.

Clearly, from the sheer volume of users reporting the same thing, Bose are apparently knowingly selling faulty goods.  Thats fraudalent.

All I can do is buy a 2nd set, and keep exchanging them while the guarantees are valid. I can't sleep without them in my apartment due to dogs and crows.

Is the standard guarantee 2 years?

Shame on you Bose.

Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer

Well said.