Rchristo
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

Re: Latest iOS 13.4 Sleepbuds don't connect

To answer your question (quoted from Bose):

I want to keep using sleepbuds™. Will Bose continue support for the Bose Sleep app?

Yes. We are committed to supporting customers whose sleepbuds™ are working fine. We will continue to support the Bose Sleep app through bug fixes and operating system upgrades on both iOS and Android platforms.”

I got mine three days ago to replace a faulty sleepbud. Now I have two useless expensive ear plastic pieces. 

chama98
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2019

The only way to Get around this is the following:

1. if you have a second iOS device and you haven't installed the latest system software for that device. I would also recommend that you disable the automatic update feature for the iOS device. (to do this head to settings > General > Software update Automatic Updates select this to 'Off'. Then install the Bose sleep app from the App Store. Use that device with your the sleep buds.

2. use the sleep buds in phone feel mode if you can. Not ideal if you need an alarm to wake up. But better than nothing!

3. As a last resort... restore your iOS device to the previous version and do not allow the phone to automatic update the phone to the latest version until Bose have released an updated version of their app.

Hope this helps.

Cheers 

chama98

bw23
Participant
Registered since

Mar 31, 2020

Same issue. Definitely due to IOS 13.4. Going to comment daily until Bose has a response. We deserve an update at least.

Rchristo
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

Well said. Bose should consider that we didn't give up on them even after they had an option to return the Sleepbuds and move on over to another brand. I honestly considered it. However, I've vouched for them and even pushed a couple of friends to purchase their own. 

It's a freeping shame that they haven't even announced that there's a problem and given us a tentative schedule or so much as a word on what the hell's going on. Talk about horrible pilot manner. (Knock on wood that they're not dealing with the pandemic. But hell, one senior can't even raise a finger to say: Hey fellas, we're working on it. Sorry?)

Danzo
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 26, 2020

I doubt the Bose is considered an essential industry. I would hope that their people are not working during this virus epidemic.  I too like to see the problem fixed but the health of the individuals is still a greater priority

Also it is unclear from all the problems with iOS 13.4 that have been publicized, including Bluetooth issues, whether this is an Apple issue or a Bose issue.  

this is a frustrating issue to all of us but I’m trying to take a deep breath and recognize the reality of the New World order in which we currently live. For those of us who have come to rely on these sleep buds, it is definitely frustrating.

miklosh13
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 3, 2019

Appears to be an Apple issue.

I have an Andriod with the latest OS update and the latest Bose app version and have had no problems at all.

Danzo
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 26, 2020

I have a five year old android that has never been updated.  It doesn’t even have a Sim card in it. That is what I am using to turn my sleep buds on every night.  Hopefully Apple and Bose can figure out who owns this problem with Bluetooth in the updated 13.4 iOS. 

bw23
Participant
Registered since

Mar 31, 2020

I think many of us are just anxious that Bose isn’t going to come up with a fix at all since there’s really no incentive to do so. I’m sure a big company like Bose has people working from home and can troubleshoot this problem remotely, so at least an update would be appreciated. Unfortunately not everyone has a free phone laying around in the meantime.

chama98
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2019

true. With most software update. a good backup is important! So things like this are easy to deal with. i.e restore from your backup. 

Rchristo
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

We pay for a product and a service. We were also promised both.