Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 3, 2018

Latest iOS 13.4 Sleepbuds don't connect

Updated to the latest iOS release last night and now the sleepbuds fail to connect to the app. The app detects the sleepbuds but then just keeps "connecting."

Ive tried turning bluetooth off/on, restarting the phone, deleting the app but noting is getting the sleepbuds to actually connect.

129 REPLIES 129
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 13, 2019

Re: Latest iOS 13.4 Sleepbuds don't connect

I have the same issue, I’ve uninstalled/reinstalled the app - the app ‘sees’ the buds but won’t connect to them, the tries to re-add them, and also fails.  Right now they are useless.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

Same here, on iPhone and iPad, after last iOS update. Tried everything, no way. I got at least phone-free mode by my wife's Android cell working flawless... Bose, please!! 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 23, 2015

Same here, upgraded to iOS 13.4 and the buds won't connect. C'mon Bose, nobody tested this with iOS 13.4 beta developer versions ? Hurry up please !

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 3, 2018

Im in contact with Bose on WhatsApp at the moment, not holding out much hope for a quick fix. Just tried the sleepbuds on my sons tablet as I hadn't updated his yet, they do work fine on the old iOS. Hope Bose can realise this is a software bug and get a work around going quickly

Highlighted

Hello Community,

I am very sorry to hear that you are recently unable to pair your Sleepbuds after your iOS update.

Thanks for already looking into some troubleshooting. 

Can we attempt in rebooting your Sleepbuds? Resetting the charging case powers the case off and then on. To reset the charging case, insert a thin paper clip into the hole on the back of the case near the USB connector. Press until you feel a click.

Can you also toggle Airplane mode on then off, this forces the device and Bose system to re-pair or re-connect.

I would also suggest that you clear the list of paired Bluetooth devices on the phone.

Do let us know if you see any improvements!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 23, 2015

Hi Bose,

Already tried all that troubleshooting to no avail. All other Bluetooth devices working just fine post iOS upgrade

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 13, 2019

I’ve taken all the steps described and it the buds do not connect. This was fine before the iOS update, and we cannot install the old iOS version.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

Tried all the suggested steps but it's really a Bluetooth pairing issue with iOS 13.4. Please ask your team to test and also check the Apple developers forum about that: the other items work flawless, bad mistake by Bose... 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

Have exactly the same issue after my Iphone updated to IOS 13.4. I can see under the phones bluetooth settings that it will show the sleep buds. However it does not see them inside the latest Bose sleep bud app. 

I guess I need to figure out how to sleep with them working. What a pain. Have been trying to find alternatives and really like the idea of Zenbuds. However, the virus crisis will delay them.