Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 31, 2020

Re: Latest iOS 13.4 Sleepbuds don't connect

I have repaired a loose magnet twice with gorilla glue also being careful not to get Any on the contacts. One Sleep bud worked fine afterward and one just wouldn’t stay connected. If you try this repair make sure you put the magnet on the sleep bud exactly in the orientation that it is in when it is connected to the other magnet. I used a small Sharpie pen to make a dot on the top backside of the magnet and used that as a reference to install it back on the sleep bud. If you get the polarity wrong the magnet will repell instead of attract. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

Just wondering why can’t you upload this fix to your Bose updater. You did it for a previous software update. That way all of us who are using 13.4 can download the update.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 27, 2020

@JDrit I didn’t know about the polarity guess I got Lucky. Next time I’ll know.  Thanks for the heads up.  

so million dollar question tonight, there’s been another iPhone and iPad update.  Do we dare? Has anyone tried and does it work without disconnecting the ear buds?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 26, 2020

If you mean 13.4.1, yes the earbuds work fine with it. If they work with 13.4 you will not have a problem with 13.4.1

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 11, 2020

I am just about fed up with these sleepbuds now. I had problems with my last pair, and I was too late for the refund. So I accepted a new set. This set seemed fine, only had them a few months, but now it seems that they continually disconnect. One moment the left, then the right, then the left, etc... I know both connect for a short period of time, long enough to get the background sounds going. But now there is an update available, and of course I can’t update them. I spent an hour today trying to get them updated, but no, everything it starts, of course they disconnect, and no dice appears. They help me sleep, but they are so high maintenance.

I have tried to ‘forget sleepbuds’ in the app, and reconnect. Still can’t update.

Then I’ve tried updating the base, there are no updates for that.

Finally, I deleted the app on the phone, and reinstalled. Still no difference. I think it is the buds that are disconnecting not the phone - otherwise both would disconnect at the same time.

I am at a loss what to try next.

Highlighted

Re: Sleepbuds - Not updating and disconnecting continuously

Hi LondonRoadhog, 

I am sorry your Sleepbuds are causing this frustration. I would like to do what I can to help, thanks for already trying some great troubleshooting. Let's look into this further.

Are you able to connect your Sleepbuds to any other Bluetooth device?

What is the device that you are experiencing this with? What is it's model and software version?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 11, 2020

Re: Sleepbuds - Not updating and disconnecting continuously

Hi,

The phone I was using was an iPhone 11 Pro, with the latest IOS (13.4). 

I've now tried it with an iPad Pro, with the latest iPadOS, and I've got the same No Dice issue on updating. I've tried 5 times. Always No Dice.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 31, 2020

In case you have not had anyone answer you, yes update the sleep buds using your old iPod.  Once the update is installed on the sleep buds they will connect to your iPhone running iOS 13.4.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2020

Apparently the solution is to install Bose sleep up in to a device not running 13.4 (preferably iOS12). I used my daughters iPod touch to do so. Updated the sleep buds firmware and then disconnect from that device. Reset sleep buds (insert paper clip in to charging case) to then add to your iOS 13.4 device. All good now and working (for now)

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

New Bose app update available today in Apple App Store! AND IT WORKS!!!!!

thank you Bose for continuing to support the sleepbuds.  Unfortunately one of the magnets on on one of the bids came off and It is very hard to charge that bud. Are you still offering a replacement? If not is there a work around?