Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 27, 2020

Sleepbuds app and iOS13.4

I just downloaded the new iOS 13.4 update on my iPhone last night and now the app isn't working correctly (I updated my sleepbuds case also).  The app "sees" the buds but won't fully connect, it gets hung up on the "Add Sleepbuds" step each time and then says it can't connect to them.  When I look in my Bluetooth settings it shows that both the left and right buds are connected,  but the app just keeps looping back to Add Sleepbuds then saying oops can't connect.  So it has to be a problem with the app.

My buds were working fine until last night, is someone at Bose working on an app update that fixes this issue?  I've tried everything suggested - phone on and off, bluetooth on and off, airplane mode, updating the case, resetting the case - nothing works, again because I believe it's not the phone or the case but some incompatibility between the app and the latest iphone update.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 27, 2020

Re: Latest iOS 13.4 Sleepbuds don't connect

Vamos a ver, el problema es de la app Bose Sleep, Apple ha lanzado IOS 13.4 y Bose tiene que investigar por qué falla la aplicación y sacar una actualización. Gracias.

Un saludo

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

Very "nice" the reply coming via email from the Bose customer service ITALY: no update available, contact Apple or use other working devices...

Many many thanks, I'm a journalist and I'll provide you with the "advertising" you deserve!! 😞 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 27, 2020

Muy mala la atención de Bose Italia, el problema no creo que sea de Apple, cada vez que hay una actualización importante de IOS, los desarrolladores suelen tener que actualizar sus aplicaciones.

Un Saludo

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 27, 2020

Re: Sleepbuds app and iOS13.4

No te pasa solo a ti, le pasa a todo el mundo que tiene unos Bose Sleepbuds, en cualquier dispositivo Apple compatible y con IOS 13.4. Es Bose quien tiene que mover ficha y sacar a la mayor brevedad una actualización.

Un saludo

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 27, 2020

Re: Sleepbuds app and iOS13.4

Muchas gracias Jursoy!

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

I just got a brand new replacement pair yesterday and they won't even connect. Nothing at all is wrong with my Bluetooth. I 'forgot the device' to reset up the new pods. However, when it tries to pair it just says..."Oops...we couldn't connect." The app on the phone recognizing whether I have the right or left Sleepbud out of the charger. I erased and redownloaded the app. Nothing.  I reset the charger with a paperclip as instructed. Nothing. Phone soft quit and force quit. Nothing. I tried to Reset Network Settings. Nothing. I fully charged my phone and the Sleepbuds with the hope that that would help. Nothing. I originally had one bud that broke, now I have a set of brand new Sleepbuds that don't work at all. I don't live close to the A/S center and this is not cool to get something I can't use to replace something that the company promised to repair.  (Not cool.) I suspect that if Bose is abiding by its warranty then it should still create firmware for our products.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 26, 2020

The problem is not in your earbuds. The problem is a software problem. Pozda has not updated the software to work with iOS 13.4. If you have an old android phone you can use that to work with your new earbuds temporarily. That has been my experience in the last two days

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 27, 2020

Latest iOS 13.4 Sleepbuds don't connect

It is sad that the buds are not connecting since iOS 13.4 update. Common, this is Bose! Please do something. Called and your offices are closed. I have carried out ALL your troubleshooting steps and still not working.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 26, 2020

I did reset the charging case, I have turned on and off Bluetooth on my phone and my iPad, the buds recognize my buds but will not connect to them. I have an old android phone that I haven’t used in three years and I can use that get  BASIC sounds.